Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:46 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,452,835 times

Advertisements

As long as you're within an hour of the coast, who the hell cares how far a college is from the beach? It should be the last criterion one uses to choose a school. Maybe if it's right on the beach, it might be a factor. Even then, it will be Sept when you start. You won't be going to the beach once it hits Nov, and you probably won't venture back out until April or May. If you really need it that bad, go to SMC for two years and save some money. Save a beach college for summer school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 03:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
San Diego State is known as a party school, second in California only to Chico State. I'd be careful about it for sure.
well it didn't used to be, but that was before dorms, etc, strictly a commuters school with just a few of us from outside SanDiego. I know it is one now, still a good school in many ways.

Nita

Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,250 times
SDSU was a party school until the feds broke up the drug ring on campus.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,899,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well it didn't used to be, but that was before dorms, etc, strictly a commuters school with just a few of us from outside SanDiego. I know it is one now, still a good school in many ways.

Nita
SDSU was a party school when I was scouting colleges . . . back in the mid-seventies.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
though that area has probably the worst 24 hr traffic situation in the basin. there arent too many freeways with bumper to bumper weekend traffic, but ive encountered it frequently on the 60, 57, and 10 in the pomona/industry/diamond bar area and on the 91 heading out to corona from fullerton

the potential new football stadium will only exacerbate the problem

A new stadium?? Where?

Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
A new stadium?? Where?
City of Industry residents to vote on NFL stadium bond - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-industry20-2009jan20,0,2807904.story - broken link)

Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,760,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
CSUN and CSULA are "glorified high schools". I can say this being a CSUN alumnus. Neither one offers any sort of college community, and both are highly mediocre, although obviously both serve a purpose. Neither school has an attractive campus, and there's not really anything near either school. CSUN's neighborhood is safer than CSULA's, though.

CSULB does offer more educational quality than either of those schools. SFSU while obviously not in the L.A. area also offers more educational quality than CSUN or CSULA. SDSU, while not in the L.A. area, does have a good reputation. As for Cal Poly Pomona - can't really say.
I can't believe you would compare CSUN and CSULA together like that! CSUN IS MUCH MUCH BETTER! CSUN is another league. CSULA has no recognized programs, it's inner city, and there really is nothing to do aorund it. CSUN has a huge enclosed mall, amusement park with huge arcade, Porter Ranch Town Center (huge strip mall), and is not too far from Hollywood and it's night clubs. It's first time experience has field trips to the beach and fun areas in LA. For some one that has always lived in a city I am sure Northridge is not much for entertainment, but for some one from the country-side like me it's superb. And Northridge's accounting program is best in the west coast, and it's chicano studies and video production is the best in california. So PLEASE do not compare CSULA and CSUN like you were. CSUN IS ALOT BETTER!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
I can't believe you would compare CSUN and CSULA together like that! CSUN IS MUCH MUCH BETTER! CSUN is another league. CSULA has no recognized programs, it's inner city, and there really is nothing to do aorund it. CSUN has a huge enclosed mall, amusement park with huge arcade, Porter Ranch Town Center (huge strip mall), and is not too far from Hollywood and it's night clubs. It's first time experience has field trips to the beach and fun areas in LA. For some one that has always lived in a city I am sure Northridge is not much for entertainment, but for some one from the country-side like me it's superb. And Northridge's accounting program is best in the west coast, and it's journalism and video production is the best in california. So PLEASE do not compare CSULA and CSUN like you were. CSUN IS ALOT BETTER!
totally agree..

Old 02-16-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
City of Industry residents to vote on NFL stadium bond - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-industry20-2009jan20,0,2807904.story - broken link)

Well this is just STUPID. Not to take over the post but I know exactly where they want to build this stadium and they just need to leave that area alone..

There is so much building going on around that area already... And the traffic; on Grand ave when Mt Sac is open even the streets are in gridlock!

Anyhow, the article says that the developers will use a bond to pay for the stadium to be built. Can somebody explain how this works?? Also instead of using a bond to pay to build a stadium why not use that bond to fix Californians budget??

Old 02-16-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato the Elder View Post
As long as you're within an hour of the coast, who the hell cares how far a college is from the beach? It should be the last criterion one uses to choose a school.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sound like the "old man"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California