Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,250,060 times

Advertisements

Interesting Field Poll results, aside from supporting cuts to funding under the prisons and parks areas, it also shows fairly strong support for cuts under the enviornmental and transportation areas.

Very little support in cutting funding for programs supporting the poor, elderly, disabled or education:

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2010/...ffiliate.4.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,408,731 times
I think law enforcement must never be cut. Part of what makes life bearable is the fairly low crime rates in Los Angeles. Do you think all the prisoners being released will increase crime? I understand most are druggies who probably shouldn't be in prison anyway. I am not surprised by the polling result that reflect that Californians are basically "mommies" I mean that in a positive way btw.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:41 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,049,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Interesting Field Poll results, aside from supporting cuts to funding under the prisons and parks areas, it also shows fairly strong support for cuts under the enviornmental and transportation areas.

Very little support in cutting funding for programs supporting the poor, elderly, disabled or education:

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2010/...ffiliate.4.pdf
The poor, elderly & disabled programs are min as it is. The state prison guards & many state workers are overpaid. I say reduce their salaries & im including the ca highway patrol.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:21 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,250,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The poor, elderly & disabled programs are min as it is. The state prison guards & many state workers are overpaid. I say reduce their salaries & im including the ca highway patrol.
It seems as though many in California would agree with your sentiment.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:30 PM

963 posts, read 3,036,740 times
Let's have inmates do public park maintenance and construction work.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:31 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,983,039 times
Its not that state workers are overpaid, its the amount of overtime they get. My buddy works in a jail. He gets a TON of OT. Often works a 12 hour shift followed by a 18 hour shift.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Its not that state workers are overpaid, its the amount of overtime they get. My buddy works in a jail. He gets a TON of OT. Often works a 12 hour shift followed by a 18 hour shift.
thats alot of sraight work time. Lets hope he dont fall asleep while on duty cause if he does he may be bubbas, leroy & floyds new lover.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,983,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
thats alot of sraight work time. Lets hope he dont fall asleep while on duty cause if he does he may be bubbas, leroy & floyds new lover.

Well, considering how often he is on facebook while working...I really doubt he is tired. Only tired he will get is from boredom.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:50 AM

It sound like your friend has a kick back job. I have heard of many public employees being on a social network site while being paid. My work (when i have it) is mostly outdoors so im not that forunate. I have though seen a few local utility company employees on their laptop & on websites unrelted to their job. I know this cause i walked up & briefly talked to them. If you live in yucaipa its simple to know what company im talking about.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:03 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,114,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I often heard from various persons that it was actually cheaper to pay overtime to fewer officers, than lower salaries and hire more of them.

I once thought about getting into law-enforcement in this state, but it seems like too much of the "good ole boys" club now.

Nothing wrong with making money, but too many people I know of that want to get into it are mostly concerned with "Raking in the dough".

I thought that was what the private sector was for.

Eh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California