Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Canadian City do you recomend me to move to?
Calgary 8 32.00%
Toronto 17 68.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 AM

361 posts, read 837,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttomoveaway View Post
Do yourself a favor and stay in Australia. I've lived in Toronto for 30 years and it sucks. I've been all over Canada the US and Europe. Do yourself a huge favor and move to Europe. All Canada is is taxes and a terrible health care system. Old age pension is a joke with most of the elderly below the poverty line and immigrants that claim refugee status scamming our system. Stay in Australia.

If you were to move to Canada maybe go to Vancouver it's nice there only minus' are the drugs and weather.
Lol I hope you're joking, taxes in Canada are wayy lower than in Europe where more than 50% of your wage goes to taxes (I know what I'm talking about, I'm from Belgium) and where economy is so bad ...
Canada & Australia are actually the best countries to live & work & Canada will give access to the huge US market when it'll recover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttomoveaway View Post
Do yourself a favor and stay in Australia. I've lived in Toronto for 30 years and it sucks. I've been all over Canada the US and Europe. Do yourself a huge favor and move to Europe. All Canada is is taxes and a terrible health care system. Old age pension is a joke with most of the elderly below the poverty line and immigrants that claim refugee status scamming our system. Stay in Australia.

If you were to move to Canada maybe go to Vancouver it's nice there only minus' are the drugs and weather.
Toronto just came in as fourth in the most livable cities in the world based on The Economist's most recent report (it's in The Star today). The only city in Europe that beat it is Vienna by .02 percent so it can't be that bad. I lived there 42 years and my main complaint was traffic.

I'd post a link but I don't know how, here's a snippet:

Toronto’s below-90 per cent rating for its infrastructure (roads, public transit, airports, housing, energy, water and telecommunications) kept it stalled at the number 4 position on the magazine’s annual list.
The list ranks 140 cities worldwide based on 30 factors such as health care, culture and environment, and education and personal safety.
Toronto was less than a percentage point behind Vancouver (which was #1), 0.3 points behind Melbourne and 0.2 behind Vienna, all of which it outranked on stability.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
Let's get back to the Toronto or Calgary premise of the OP, please.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:05 PM

8 posts, read 52,201 times
Toronto has everything on your list that you are looking for. I can't say anything about Calgary, as I have never been there, and I don't want to make assumptions.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:51 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
If you like the cowboy, redneck, pickup, culture then go to Calgary. If not then Go to Toronto. Like others here though I would recommend Van for you.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,237,179 times
Im from Calgary and I love that its my home, its really gorgeous here but at the same time it can get boring fast

I havent been to Toronto but I hear it can be quite the gongshow and you can get really hot summers there especially this past summer! I believe the gay community is more well received there than here in Calgary

Calgary is more family oriented
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada