Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Canadian province is overall better?
Ontario 7 43.75%
Québec 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 01:59 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,019 times

Advertisements

Where would you rather live (if language was no issue)??

Climate:
Landscape/beauty:
Economy diversity:
Demographic diversity:
Culture:
Language:
Education:
Friendliness:
More things to see/do:
Family friendly:
Cost of living:
Shopping:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 02:02 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Distinct but equal.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 PM

26,876 posts, read 38,019,680 times
Cities: In my book the two major cities in Quebec slightly edge out the two cities they are usually compared to in Ontario (Montreal vs Toronto, Quebec City vs Ottawa), though the Ontario cities are no slouches either; the Ontario cities tend to be better run and more functional, whereas the Quebec cities have a more fun vibe and character.
Climate: Quite similar - especially in summer - but most people probably prefer milder winters so Ontario has a slight edge; if you are a winter sports enthusiast go for Quebec (or Ottawa in Ontario)
Landscape/beauty: Quebec
Economy diversity: Ontario
Demographic diversity: Ontario
Culture: Quebec
Language: Makes no difference to me since I speak both but having children I prefer Quebec which gives them a better chance to be truly bilingual; this is harder in Ontario because the English language and the culture that goes along with it are such juggernauts
Education:roughly equivalent
Friendliness: equal; people in Quebec are more talkative and outgoing, but less formally polite; people in Ontario are more reserved but are among the most polite and civil people I have encountered
More things to see/do: pretty similar, plus the stuff to see in either province is not so far from the other
Family friendly: Quebec
Cost of living: Quebec
Shopping: very similar

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Cities: Montreal is beautiful and has better nightlife, but Toronto is a better city overall.
Climate: Southern Ontario
Landscape/beauty: Ontario and the great lakes, Niagara falls, Algonquin provincial park etc etc..
Economy diversity:Ontario
Demographic diversity: Ontario
Culture: Quebec
Language:Ontario, not as many restrictions.
Education:Both
Friendliness: Ontario
More things to see/do:Ontario
Family friendly:Ontario
Cost of living:Quebec
Shopping: The same to me.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada