Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Stay Canadian or become American?
FIGHT FOR CANADA! 65 64.36%
Become an American 36 35.64%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

I got my strategy completely turned around now after the last few posts.

Invest my retirement nest egg in a tanker truck load of Pusser Neats 150 proof rum (RN/RCN daily tot issue until 67) invite all my American friends and get them ****-faced then send them home to wreak havoc in the U.S. Haaaar! War over.

Much rather party with you than fight you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 06:59 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Plenty of young kids over there that would probably get a kick out of a random unlikely country annexing thread...
Just don't know why people would take this seriously, countries don't just annex each other randomly... look at how the world flipped sh-t when Russia annexed a little island.

Btw.. in 2014 America doesnt use military as the main way to invade a country, we just build some McDonalds and Starbucks and flood your tv's with Hollywood films.
Well maybe I should try to post it and see what happens? LOL. By the way, if you can't tell, very few if any are taking this thread seriously. My response to you, was a pot calling kettle.

Mcdonald's and Starbucks,, aren't really an invasion, as much as chemical warfare.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Family?! We'll all be fighting for the True North Strong and Free! You don't think we'll all stand on guard for thee! We'll fight to the last box of Tim Horton donuts to preserve the dream of a Canadian team once again winning the Stanley Cup! *

*Though probably not the Oilers, Jets, or Flames any time soon. Ditto the Canucks need to rebuild, and the Senators and Maple Leafs are spotty, maybe next year for the Canadiens--though I'm also a Sharks fan myself, though that always goes badly too...

Wait, what were we talking about again...
There's always going to be one in every family who doesn't see the light. Brother fighting against brother, over the sanctity of Timbits. It could get ugly.

We were talking the right to…no….the war on…no…..foodstuffs for war…..beer?

Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Plenty of young kids over there that would probably get a kick out of a random unlikely country annexing thread...
Just don't know why people would take this seriously, countries don't just annex each other randomly... look at how the world flipped sh-t when Russia annexed a little island.

Btw.. in 2014 America doesnt use military as the main way to invade a country, we just build some McDonalds and Starbucks and flood your tv's with Hollywood films.
No one IS taking it seriously except the OP presumably. There have been a few more serious attempts made to point out to him just why his scenario is too far out to be taken seriously. I dunno. It seems to me that conspiracy theories are much more popular among Americans and far-out scenarios are given more credence south of the border than here.

I think I already pointed out in one post that there's a world of a difference between a gradual assimilation by the likes of McDonalds and Walmart and the completely hostile takeover mentioned by the OP. In fact, under the conditions of the OP's scenario, it really wouldn't matter which country it was who annexed Canada, so it's not even anti-Americanism involved here. NO citizens of ANY country in the world would just sit by while their country was invaded and that is the principle that posters here are addressing, including some Americans.

And I assume the OP is very young.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:02 PM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
No one IS taking it seriously except the OP presumably. There have been a few more serious attempts made to point out to him just why his scenario is too far out to be taken seriously. I dunno. It seems to me that conspiracy theories are much more popular among Americans and far-out scenarios are given more credence south of the border than here.
I agree that the scenario, as presented, is absurd.

On the serious side (and in addition to the other excellent points raised), it seems to me that the US military would face a logistical nightmare. Simply establishing a supply chain to an occupying force over a country the size of Canada, and keeping supplies moving--well, it would be difficult enough if Canadians cooperated, which I doubt.

On the fun side, just wait until US forces face their first Canadian winter.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:52 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,933,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
On the fun side, just wait until US forces face their first Canadian winter.
Yeah, they wouldn't be the first army to lose a war over that ...

Old 05-22-2014, 06:59 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
. NO citizens of ANY country in the world would just sit by while their country was invaded and that is the principle that posters here are addressing, including some Americans.

And I assume the OP is very young.
Austria was annexed by Germany during WWII without a fight.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Austria was annexed by Germany during WWII without a fight.
Austria isn't much bigger than Nova Scotia, and after WWI wasn't in much better shape than Germany.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:06 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Austria isn't much bigger than Nova Scotia, and after WWI wasn't in much better shape than Germany.
Austria had a population of 6.70M in 1940, compared with less than 1M for Nova Scotia today.
It was a sizable country with about 10% of Germany's population (70M) at that time.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Its not always the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the cat in this case

Dunya News-Cat saves boy from dog attack (CCTV Footage) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada