Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 03:33 PM

299 posts, read 316,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
With all due respect, all the Muslim men I've met have treated us female Muslims with respect and equality. There is misogyny in many Muslim-majority countries, but please keep in mind that "Christian" countries used to be the same way. It's not a religion-specific thing. We're actually much more similar to you than you may think.

BTW, I humbly suggest you try to get to know us before saying these things; we often get a bad rep in the media for the sake of scapegoating and fear-mongering. I'm sure most mosques would be more than happy to let you visit so you can learn what Islam really is; I know mine would.

Thanks I think Muslim women are lovely, when I visited Muslim countries they were very protective of me, I just think your men are a bit of savages.

Old 12-15-2015, 03:36 PM

299 posts, read 316,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Why?

P.S. - Are you sure you wouldn't be happier south of the border where extremism reigns? We tend to be centrists in Canada in case you haven't noticed.

No, because I'm an extremist. And I want you to admit it because otherwise you're just like those people in UK who ignored sexual abuse of children for years in the name of political correctness and because they were scared to be branded bigots.

Old 12-15-2015, 03:43 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,599,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roth...tation_scandal

Please read if you don't believe that was ignored FOR YEARS...I always stay away from using right wing biased medians as a source btw. I'm happy to provide legitimate sources for other examples, there's a lot of them.

So it sounds like there were Pakistani men running a prostitution ring for a long time before getting caught. With some controversy over why no one did anything to investigate it further, especially the local authorities including some controversy over being too PC to do anything, which is still questionable. This is one incident where 5 Muslim men were charged. Throw the bastards in jail, I'm fine with that. But if you step back, this is a drop in the bucket in terms of human trafficking. Why do focus so much on this? Just because they are Muslim? Do you really believe Allah instructed them to do this? Why not focus on ALL the other non-Muslim sexual traffickers which constitute the overwhelming majority is my point? I find that part strange.

Old 12-15-2015, 03:45 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
I want you to admit it because otherwise you're just like those people in UK who ignored sexual abuse of children for years in the name of political correctness and because they were scared to be branded bigots.
You want me to lie and pretend I'm an extremist when I'm not?

Edited to add: So people who admit they are bigots are better than those who do not admit they are bigots but are? Weird way to think.

Last edited by cdnirene; 12-15-2015 at 04:01 PM..

Old 12-15-2015, 04:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default You are missing your target market ...

Quote:
You do realize that in Muslim countries Quoran is studied very throughly with all the passages being memorized by children as soon as they start school?

And while I acknowledge misogyny in christianity and Canadian screw up with aboriginal women this post is about Islam and Muslims, I want the extreme left to admit that there is a big problem with "religion of peace" (piece of you blown here and piece of you blown over there).
I cannot be certain about this, but I really do not see anyone who is extreme left responding to this thread.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:07 PM

Default Re-education ..

Quote:
You do realize that in Muslim countries Quoran is studied very throughly with all the passages being memorized by children as soon as they start school?

And while I acknowledge misogyny in christianity and Canadian screw up with aboriginal women this post is about Islam and Muslims, I want the extreme left to admit that there is a big problem with "religion of peace" (piece of you blown here and piece of you blown over there).
Memorizing something and understanding something are 2 different things. I memories a lot of non-sense in school to get through and really do not understand nore thing about it. Ex Biochemical pathways... like I really think hard about that on a every prayer learned in school, daily basis, the periodic table and chemical equations. I could have written them out or recited them with little thought to the meaning. I can sing lyrics to songs without even stopping to really think about the meaning behind them. How much does anyone really retain of what they learned in school? Personally I am not a fan of mixing religion and education, but I do not rule to world.. so to each his/ her own.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:15 PM

Default Agreed ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
With all due respect, all the Muslim men I've met have treated us female Muslims with respect and equality. There is misogyny in many Muslim-majority countries, but please keep in mind that "Christian" countries used to be the same way. It's not a religion-specific thing. We're actually much more similar to you than you may think.

BTW, I humbly suggest you try to get to know us before saying these things; we often get a bad rep in the media for the sake of scapegoating and fear-mongering. I'm sure most mosques would be more than happy to let you visit so you can learn what Islam really is; I know mine would.

Agreed. Each person needs to be able to be treated like an individual. I would hate it all people just assumed because I was raised Catholic I believed and practiced all things that were commonly associated with being Catholic. I also got to mention I am not saying I am an expert on Islam as I am not, but certainly feel I have a lot more exposure to the average non-Muslim Canadian as I am in a relationship with someone who is practising Muslim.

Last edited by klmrocks; 12-15-2015 at 04:26 PM..

Old 12-15-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks I think Muslim women are lovely, when I visited Muslim countries they were very protective of me, I just think your men are a bit of savages.

I know I might seem like a devil saying this ... but just as all Muslim women, just like all women come in varry. I have met women and men of all faiths and cultures ... people have personalities and other traits. I can meet someone from Morocco get along with then and others I cannot stand... just like here. I do not like all Canadians, all Catholics, all short people and 30 year olds. It is on a person by person basis. Not fair to judge people in a positive or negative way before getting to know them. Savages ... lol. That is as ignorant as saying all Russian Women are cheap, submissive, dumb blonds. Sterotyping people is just not fair either way.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:25 PM

Default Muslim in name only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanc View Post
So it sounds like there were Pakistani men running a prostitution ring for a long time before getting caught. With some controversy over why no one did anything to investigate it further, especially the local authorities including some controversy over being too PC to do anything, which is still questionable. This is one incident where 5 Muslim men were charged. Throw the bastards in jail, I'm fine with that. But if you step back, this is a drop in the bucket in terms of human trafficking. Why do focus so much on this? Just because they are Muslim? Do you really believe Allah instructed them to do this? Why not focus on ALL the other non-Muslim sexual traffickers which constitute the overwhelming majority is my point? I find that part strange.
This is the problem... truly religious people of any faith do not do stuff like this. These are people that happen to be Muslim by faith doing by stuff. Whatever I do good or bad being born Catholic should not take credit for it as I am not actually following my religion. It is unfair to lump someone in to a category just when it suits your purpose.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:27 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
Try this on for size: a #muslimcarolers is a thing now, a group is active in San Francisco:
The most eye-opening thing I’ve seen while at #AGU15 so far – #muslimcarolers | Watts Up With That?

Fa la la la la.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada