Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 05:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I agree, you guys are F*****
'Hoist on their own petard' ..... so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 05:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The United States borders some of the worst narco states in the world, and guns would never disappear. We would just have more guns in the hands of criminals and a new black market, making your country then border a terrible narco/arms state. Oh, after a bloody civil war first because there is no way people here will give up their right to defend themselves guaranteed in our constitution.
You do realize you don't necessarily need a "terrible narco state" to border you to experience deleterious effects from it's other stupid policies?

Over 70% of the illegal weapons found during searches and as the result of violent crimes in Canada originated in the U.S. of A.

Border agents want more resources to stop gun smuggling - Windsor - CBC News

https://www.thestar.com/news/investi...ast_money.html

Old 06-20-2016, 06:14 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Oh I Thought Canada was the biggest Narco state. Cities like Moncton and moose jaw are just over flowing with heroin. I thought maybe you knew about that already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xnFR53lWAs
Sure, we have that everywhere too. First big pharma gets people addicted, and then the cartels make it easy for them to get it when they can no longer get it from pill mills. But where do you think it comes from? I live in Houston, and we have cartel violence even here.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Not that I can get into the mind of a terrorist, but I doubt they see themselves as terrorists. Were Japanese Kamikaze pilots mentally unstable?

There is a distinction, between having a sane person manipulated to a cause, and an insane person grabbing onto a cause.

Were US soldiers mentally unstable because they went to war to kill in the 2nd Iraq war? No, they truly believed the LIE that Iraq was responsible for 911.

Smarter people than me, can answer why certain Muslims are committing these tragedies. From I've read, the general drift is that the west has been poking the middle-east in the eye. Bombing has killed not only terrorists, but children, families, hospitals and medical sites.
No wonder some go wonky and want to pay the west back.

Should the world be worried about Islamic terrorism? Of course. Should the world keeps it's eye on the ball and focus on the terrorists themselves, or some LONE nut job who yells Allah?

The questions I wish I knew the answer to is this. If he was so pro radical Islam, why didn't the school system or friends who weren't notify someone? How does someone who is constantly described as " unstable " get a job at a security company? Finally, what IF he had to jump through more hoops IE having to go onto the black market to get his gun? Would he have slipped up and be notice by authorities?
Apparently someone did notify the FBI about his statements. They investigated him twice, once for saying stuff about becoming a martyr, and once for his association with a guy who flew to Syria and became a suicide bomber. They couldn't find any evidence, so they removed him from their list. And apparently never notified his employer, who he was already working for. Why do you think they are going on about this being just your average mass shooting? The FBI is in CYA mode.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
You're guessing.
So are you

Old 06-20-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I agree, you guys are F*****
True

Old 06-20-2016, 06:47 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Apparently someone did notify the FBI about his statements. They investigated him twice, once for saying stuff about becoming a martyr, and once for his association with a guy who flew to Syria and became a suicide bomber. They couldn't find any evidence, so they removed him from their list. And apparently never notified his employer, who he was already working for. Why do you think they are going on about this being just your average mass shooting? The FBI is in CYA mode.
I know the FBI found nothing. Hasn't that really been my point all along?

Old 06-20-2016, 06:49 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
True
LOL. Don't give up hope yet.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I know the FBI found nothing. Hasn't that really been my point all along?
Yes, but that doesn't mean there was nothing. The FBI has been warning for two years of exactly this type of terror attack with ISIS and the lone wolf. The point is that the lone wolf is radicalized on the Internet, already here, and will kill people and give them credit. And then every time it happens (and this is the fourth or fifth), they act like it was not related to terror. That's my point.

Maybe instead of collecting everyone's data and relying on keywords or something, why not start monitoring someone like this guy who came on their radar for some pretty serious stuff. This wasn't some guy who got radicalized last month. He was ripe for it all his life. Say what you will, but cheering when the plane hit the WTC on 9/11 means he has always had sympathy for them. His father left before his people, the Pashtuns, got back in power, which was really just a few years from 9/11. He most definitely knew by the time he was a freshman all about Afghanistan from his parents.

Now I'm not saying he should have been watched since then, but in hindsight it looks like he has always harbored these feelings.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:48 PM

869 posts, read 1,125,015 times
Katy it's easy to point fingers with 20/20 hindsight but how many shooters have the FBI stopped we don't know about?

They are overwhelmed with potential terrorists. Like the director James Comey said in his speech, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack and even if we find the needle you never know when a piece of hay will become another needle.

And for the record, I have no issue with legitimate skepticism and healthy distrust like some have expressed in this thread.

But I have all kinds of problems with fanatical partisans - at either end of the political spectrum - attempting to gin up and manufacture stuff to suit a political agenda.

As for the sheeps....you need to stay close to the shepherd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada