Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 09:48 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
It's also tiresome having men telling women what they should and shouldn't be offended by. Groping is disgusting, invasive, offensive.

It may not be the same as rape, but both are INVASIVE and unacceptable. Having a random dirty man come and grab your private parts is the grossest thing a woman can experience. All adults must learn how to control themselves. If you can't keep your grubby hands to yourself when you see a short skirt, you should probably stay home. Blaming another person for your idiocy is a cop out.
But it will get you elected President. Besides, those babes were totally asking for it. /s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 11:56 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I was thinking the same thing, the girl should just stop shopping in the US and spend her dough in Canada.

But as another person stated, IF she did provoke them, it's not a good idea to be provoking border patrol agents, especially during these times. I cross the US Mexico border all the time and they literally have the power to do ANYTHING to you- detain you, beat you up, etc....no thank you.
I can't help feeling that this sounds like blaming the victim. If the women wasn't dressed that way she wouldn't of gotten raped. If the gay couple weren't holding hands they wouldn't of got beaten up etc.

When did simply legally crossing the US border become a provocative act? I would give it more credence if she were from one of the 7 countries banned, but even they have been told if they hold Canadian passports, that they should be fine.

The fact is that many muslims are entering the US. She really had no reason NOT to continue on as normal. If people are going to point fingers at her, what about every other muslim that has entered the US since this mess began?

Old 02-10-2017, 01:35 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I can't help feeling that this sounds like blaming the victim. If the women wasn't dressed that way she wouldn't of gotten raped. If the gay couple weren't holding hands they wouldn't of got beaten up etc.

When did simply legally crossing the US border become a provocative act? I would give it more credence if she were from one of the 7 countries banned, but even they have been told if they hold Canadian passports, that they should be fine.

The fact is that many muslims are entering the US. She really had no reason NOT to continue on as normal. If people are going to point fingers at her, what about every other muslim that has entered the US since this mess began?
I agree. There isn't a hint that she thought she would be walking into trouble nor did she have any reason to expect trouble.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:38 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Do you really think our lives are that different compared to before the election season and now?

I think the internet and news can really get to some people and make them paranoid, get out and experience the real America. as in taking a trip there, not reading CNN articles.

Go to a random gas station or grocery store and observe what you see...

Maybe this just situation just sheds light on there is not really an "our".... there is my situation and there is your situation. My situation has been impacted by these changes ...

... ex it now seems boarder line tolerable to be a sexist, racists, bully, homophobe and straight out liar ... oh yeah and that sort of Muslim travel ban thing.

This is thing about global affears ... just as an example of course ... in many places all over the world the USA was engaged in wars ... lots of innocent people died and die every day.... but it was only until war or terrorist attacks started to happen in the USA that most Americans even got a tiny taste of what horror and at times even caused by American soliders goes on in other places around the world.

I am not trying to throw shade at Americans for this just making a point. I live a pretty comfortable life in one of the wealthiest cities in my own country and have never had to live threw war or any major diaster. If the shoe was on the other foot ... I would probably dislike me too.

While our kids are getting spoiled rotten ... kids in some of these same place that there are bans on are having bombs dropped on them and might not see tomorrow. I think what Trump is doing is only going to create more terrorist and global conflict.

So your comments vs my comments should pretty much shed light on that fact that there is no "our" regarding this impact.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:40 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm with you Klm, no more trips to USA, they've gone nuts.
Actually, we have regained our collective sanity.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I agree. There isn't a hint that she thought she would be walking into trouble nor did she have any reason to expect trouble.
The government said there was no on ban Muslims ..... so how was she suppose to know it was now okay to racially profile her?

Old 02-10-2017, 01:48 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Exactly. It is tiresome hearing about how groping and being dry humped on public transport is as bad as rape. Someone throwing a handful of semen at you is not the same as being raped even you do invite it by wearing a slutty skirt.
Anyone lays a finger on your intentionally or intentionally hits/contacts you with an object it is ground for assult. Personally I am firm believer that is someone ever attacked or assulted me it is my obligation to ensure then that they will never be able to doing it again to anyone else. As an adult that now knows better I would stand my ground.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:32 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
The government said there was no on ban Muslims ..... so how was she suppose to know it was now okay to racially profile her?
How about people who behead passengers on Greyhound buses?

Will Baker ....formerly known as Vince Li, was granted full freedom today,
He was the man who beheaded a passenger on a Greyhound bus west of Winnipeg,
back in 2008. Most people remember that shocker, even a lot of Americans.

Not sure if it's such a good idea letting that guy free to walk the streets,
and ride buses with no monitoring

Old 02-10-2017, 04:42 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
So should this guy be accused of " provoking " ?

"Aber was travelling to a track meet in Boston with other members of the university's track-and-field team. He was born in Canada to parents who were originally from Morocco and was travelling on a valid Canadian passport."

5th Canadian reports being denied entry to U.S. after questions about Moroccan roots, Muslim faith - Montreal - CBC News

Old 02-10-2017, 04:56 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
How about people who behead passengers on Greyhound buses?

Will Baker ....formerly known as Vince Li, was granted full freedom today,
He was the man who beheaded a passenger on a Greyhound bus west of Winnipeg,
back in 2008. Most people remember that shocker, even a lot of Americans.

Not sure if it's such a good idea letting that guy free to walk the streets,
and ride buses with no monitoring
LOL ( you sound like someone who voted for Trump).

Look up schizophrenia. The man has a legtimate psychiatric condition. As someone who works with people living with this mental health condition when on medication maybe with this dx are able to live in the community presenting no risks to anyone. I have no idea what this has do do with thread. Also this man really can't be blamed for his actions as he was not sound minded at the time. I am on the fence about people with schizophrenia living in the community without regular follow up and monitoring for their own safety.... but this is a totally entire topic? You really need to understand his schizophrenia dx before passing judgement. This situation is not so clear cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada