Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:39 AM

196 posts, read 216,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Despite the legality of it .... after hearing the stories of people that take these trips it they make it here and survive the journey it is almost heart breaking to send them back because they REALLY almost lost their life getting here.
After hearing what they have to endure along the way and how dangerous it actually is, I agree with your sentiment. Maybe I'm looking this through rose-colored glasses, but I can't imagine them not being hard-working individuals going along such a journey. The numbers Europe experienced is one thing, but Canada ought to be able to handle the trickle (in comparison) of refugees/asylum seekers coming from the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 01:08 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Off-topic, but this had me laughing this morning:

https://www.metronews.ca/news/vancou...y-6-years.html
Further to that, there is presently a very large group of chanting protestors gathered in front of that building protesting the opening. Some carrying posters that say "How does it feel to be THIS unwelcome in another country?". British Columbians were polled and 65% of them have said that they will be boycotting any Trump enterprises in the province.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:06 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Further to that, there is presently a very large group of chanting protestors gathered in front of that building protesting the opening. Some carrying posters that say "How does it feel to be THIS unwelcome in another country?". British Columbians were polled and 65% of them have said that they will be boycotting any Trump enterprises in the province.

...someone should tell them to go to work....

Old 02-28-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Why ??? What does work have to do with it?

From watching the live news broadcasts and listening to interviews with the protestors it's obvious that "work" is not an issue for any of the protestors. The majority of them are well dressed professional business people who took time off from work for the day to attend the protest, as well as older retired people, and well educated and articulate young professional families there with their children, and university students.

They are all there to stand up and speak out for Canadian principles and ideals. I wouldn't expect you to understand about those though.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:34 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Someone being who exactly? Hows that working out for them in the U.S.?

Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Why ??? What does work have to do with it?

From watching the live news broadcasts and listening to interviews with the protestors it's obvious that "work" is not an issue for any of the protestors. The majority of them are well dressed professional business people who took time off from work for the day to attend the protest, as well as older retired people, and well educated and articulate young professional families there with their children, and university students.

They are all there to stand up and speak out for Canadian principles and ideals. I wouldn't expect you to understand about those though.

Watched some of the street interviews...not impressed at all to say the least (I'm being very generous)...a bunch of morons with nothing better to do and they have no idea of the issues at hand....

Old 02-28-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Watched some of the street interviews...not impressed at all to say the least (I'm being very generous)...a bunch of morons with nothing better to do and they have no idea of the issues at hand....
Yeah, yeah. Pull the other one.

Like I said, they are all there to stand up and speak out for Canadian principles and ideals ..... something which I do not expect you understand.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. Pull the other one.

Like I said, they are all there to stand up and speak out for Canadian principles and ideals ..... something which I do not expect you understand.

..all I understand is that the vast majority of these people are retards for all to see, there is nothing to "understand"...here you go, enjoy some of the fauna.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt6n99oYmIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqr0ETX5lE4

....they do not have any idea of what they are talking about...."professionals"?? LOL ahhh you mean professional morons.....

Old 03-01-2017, 12:12 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
..all I understand is that the vast majority of these people are retards for all to see, there is nothing to "understand"...here you go, enjoy some of the fauna.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt6n99oYmIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqr0ETX5lE4

....they do not have any idea of what they are talking about...."professionals"?? LOL ahhh you mean professional morons.....
The first video is obviously from a biased right-wing news source. It's simple though, these people do not want their city to be associated with anything bearing Trump's name. I don't blame them. Maybe as a Trump supporter it upsets you.

BTW, for a guy that preaches America first, why not open that new hotel in America?

Old 03-01-2017, 05:31 AM

295 posts, read 263,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The first video is obviously from a biased right-wing news source. It's simple though, these people do not want their city to be associated with anything bearing Trump's name. I don't blame them. Maybe as a Trump supporter it upsets you.

BTW, for a guy that preaches America first, why not open that new hotel in America?
If this video appears on right-wing news source (because mass media does not want to show it because of their leftist bias), it is less credible? Did the right wing news source also stage this event?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada