Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 07:20 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The first video is obviously from a biased right-wing news source. It's simple though, these people do not want their city to be associated with anything bearing Trump's name. I don't blame them. Maybe as a Trump supporter it upsets you.

BTW, for a guy that preaches America first, why not open that new hotel in America?
Trump sold his name to be put on the front of that building and got a contract for his company to manage the place for a few years. That's the sum total of his involvement. The actual money behind it is being supplied by the son of a Malaysian billionaire who is still maintaining the Trump name has a "cachet" that will serve to draw. The jury's still out on that one.

Interesting to note that an article today revealed the building has been consistently advertised as having 69 floors while only actually having 63. Counting the parking floors under the building is perhaps a far more relevant sign of the current times?

Trump's '69-storey' Vancouver tower is only 63 storeys - British Columbia - CBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 07:27 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
..all I understand is that the vast majority of these people are retards for all to see, there is nothing to "understand"...here you go, enjoy some of the fauna....they do not have any idea of what they are talking about...."professionals"?? LOL ahhh you mean professional morons.....
One can only surmise you've never actually watched a Trump press conference .....................???

Old 03-01-2017, 09:49 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
If this video appears on right-wing news source (because mass media does not want to show it because of their leftist bias), it is less credible? Did the right wing news source also stage this event?
The American mainstream media isn't covering the story, because it isn't happening on American soil. The Canadian MSM is however.

And also I'd like to point out that plenty of people automatically dismiss news stories from the MSM because of a perceived left- leaming bias, whether or not they are true.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:50 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
One can only surmise you've never actually watched a Trump press conference .....................???

I did not vote for Trump and I will not likely vote for him in 2020...the point remain that these people are hopeless morons.....

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-01-2017 at 11:09 AM..

Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The first video is obviously from a biased right-wing news source. It's simple though, these people do not want their city to be associated with anything bearing Trump's name. I don't blame them. Maybe as a Trump supporter it upsets you.

BTW, for a guy that preaches America first, why not open that new hotel in America?

I went to youtube and I just searches "Vancouver Trump tower protest" and these videos appeared, I did not look at the source...by the way did you see the second video?? It is a local news video.... right wing propaganda too?? LOL ...I just posted two but all the others were pretty much the same with people of the same "caliber".

I do not support Trump and I did not vote for him.....however this has nothing to do with the fact that these people are idiots with nothing better to do, with too much time on their hands.

That tower is a private property (not built by Trump) and the developer paid money to put the Trump name on it...this is none of the "protesters" business.

Finally...do these protesters realize that they live in a city that is a well known open gateway and a laundering center for a river of money coming from pollution, corruption and human right abuses?? They should put their best efforts to cleaning up their own house before worrying about Trump.... calling them morons would offend a real moron....

Last edited by saturno_v; 03-01-2017 at 11:57 AM..

Old 03-02-2017, 12:20 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
I went to youtube and I just searches "Vancouver Trump tower protest" and these videos appeared, I did not look at the source...by the way did you see the second video?? It is a local news video.... right wing propaganda too?? LOL ...I just posted two but all the others were pretty much the same with people of the same "caliber".

I do not support Trump and I did not vote for him.....however this has nothing to do with the fact that these people are idiots with nothing better to do, with too much time on their hands.

That tower is a private property (not built by Trump) and the developer paid money to put the Trump name on it...this is none of the "protesters" business.

Finally...do these protesters realize that they live in a city that is a well known open gateway and a laundering center for a river of money coming from pollution, corruption and human right abuses?? They should put their best efforts to cleaning up their own house before worrying about Trump.... calling them morons would offend a real moron....
Well if most of your opinions are based on such intense and thorough research, more should listen to your wisdom.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Well if most of your opinions are based on such intense and thorough research, more should listen to your wisdom.

What you want me to do..to drive to Vancouver and interview people myself?? There are a lo of videos online about the protest, from any sources, and the results is all the same...senseless blabbering......so there is enough anecdotal evidence to make an educated guess....

Old 03-02-2017, 02:48 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
What you want me to do..to drive to Vancouver and interview people myself?? There are a lo of videos online about the protest, from any sources, and the results is all the same...senseless blabbering......so there is enough anecdotal evidence to make an educated guess....
You're opinion is based on Youtube videos, and short news clips. People can make of it what they will. Guess is apt. Opinions based on guessing are not very worthy or useful.

It's your harsh judgement in calling those people morons, and by doing so are implying that anyone protesting the Trump Tower in Vancouver must be a moron.

That simply isn't true. Some of the people I know who are against Trump's name on this particular tower, is because it was designed by Arthur Ericsson, a cherished Vancouver architect, now deceased. I know people who knew Arthur, and their feeling is that he would be appalled having Trump's name on his tower. Are these people morons?

Last edited by Natnasci; 03-02-2017 at 03:50 PM..

Old 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You're opinion is based on Youtube videos, and short news clips. People can make of it what they will. Guess is apt. Opinions based on guessing are not very worthy or useful.

It's your harsh judgement in calling those people morons, and by doing so are implying that anyone protesting the Trump Tower in Vancouver must be a moron.

That simply isn't true. Some of the people I know are against this particular tower because it was designed by Arthur Ericsson, a cherished Vancouver architect, now deceased. I know people who knew Arthur, and their feeling is that he would be appalled having Trump's name on his tower. Are these people morons?

Yes they are...it is a private business decision made by the developer (meaning the person that put the money to build the thing)...it is his decision, not theirs.

From what I heard on these videos, they are morons when they cannot even express coherently why they are protesting (and it is not only limited to the Vancouver protest...their Americans counterparts are not that much better)
I did talk to some of these people in person, not that you can get much more out of them talking to them...the videos are very representative.

Not to mention the moron in chief, your Mayor.....

Before you say anything, I'm not arguing that Trump supporters are that much smarter.....

Old 03-03-2017, 03:40 PM

323 posts, read 377,047 times
Quote:

That simply isn't true. Some of the people I know who are against Trump's name on this particular tower, is because it was designed by Arthur Ericsson, a cherished Vancouver architect, now deceased. I know people who knew Arthur, and their feeling is that he would be appalled having Trump's name on his tower. Are these people morons?
It's not his tower. He was hired to design it. What happens from there on out is none of his concern, or the concern of the friends of the deceased. In fact, I can guarantee he doesn't care at all about what's going on with that tower. The owner of the building gets to do what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada