Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 12:20 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,306,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Actually if one is able to get to those causes and address them, it may placate the need for one to own a gun other than for hunting or sporting. Come to think of it - does anyone use an AR 15 to shoot ducks..
Shotguns, not rifles are usually used to shoot ducks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 12:25 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,893,034 times
If we want to look to a highly developed first world democracy to admire regarding strict gun laws and simply an almost complete dismissal of gun culture it isn't Canada we should look to...

Gun control: How Japan has almost completely eliminated gun deaths - Business Insider

Quote:
Ever since guns entered the country, Japan has always had strict gun laws," Iain Overton, executive director of Action on Armed Violence, a British advocacy group, told the BBC. "They are the first nation to impose gun laws in the whole world, and I think it laid down a bedrock saying that guns really don't play a part in civilian society
I think the concept of a CCW to Japanese citizens would be as Alien as a Ferengi and Klingon mutt child.

Japan - a country of 127 million people rarely sees more than 10 gun deaths a year. On this, they should be emulated not snickered at..

Last edited by fusion2; 02-21-2018 at 12:34 AM..

Old 02-21-2018, 12:26 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,893,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Shotguns, not rifles are usually used to shoot ducks..
With proper vetting, registration and control owning a shotgun to shoot ducks or hunting in general is not worrisome.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:38 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,306,623 times
Quote:

If we want to look to a highly developed first world democracy to admire regarding strict gun laws and simply an almost complete dismissal of gun culture it isn't Canada we should look to...

I think the concept of a CCW to Japanese citizens would be as Alien as a Ferengi and Klingon mutt child.

Japan - a country of 127 million people rarely sees more than 10 gun deaths a year. On this, they should be emulated not snickered at..

Fusion, you really want to compare Japan as a society to the US?? Do you think is all about guns?? Come on man, put your thinking hat and go further than reading headlines.

First, Japan is at the bottom of the pile for gun ownership rate in the world......but its murder rate pretty much is equivalent to countries like Norway and Austria that are among the first 10 countries in the world when it comes to gun ownership rate......

Do you really believe that a CCW permit system in Japan would turn that country into United States when it comes to crime?? Sorry but is laughable....

By the way, Japan has one of the highest suicide rate in the world...surh perfect peaceful society...

By the way, tonight I learned a fairly interesting statistics, source FBI, year 2015, the most recent year with complete data.

Murder and non-negligent manslaughter rate by weapon:

Rifles (all rifles, including the AR-15): 252

Knives: 1544

Blunt Objects: 437

Bare Hands/Feet: 624

...so, despite all the hype, in 2015 the number of people that got murdered by bare hands and feet was more than twice the number of people killed by rifles, all rifles.....

Now you understand why the AR-15 fears are simply hysteria and an "assault rifle" ban is a non starter....

Old 02-21-2018, 04:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
After Sandy Hook Obama proposed these legislation's to curb gun violence.=
President Obama
Of course they were all voted down by Republicans which reinforces my opinion that America is a gun culture that has no desire to reign in its gun violence.
Trumps solution?= http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...der-trump.html

.Canada just doesnt think the same way therefore fewer mass shootings.
https://goo.gl/images/8gtxtN

Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Quote:
What are we called Dawn l*btards
Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After Sandy Hook Obama proposed these legislation's to curb gun violence.=
President Obama
Of course they were all voted down by Republicans which reinforces my opinion that America is a gun culture that has no desire to reign in its gun violence.
Trumps solution?= Every Attempt to Change Gun Laws Under Trump

.Canada just doesnt think the same way therefore fewer mass shootings.
https://goo.gl/images/8gtxtN
I was living in Connecticut when that horror took place at Sandy Hook, so I'm not sure if I'm especially sensitive to it, more than I'd be otherwise. (Maybe not, though -- he killed babies... in their school. That's an obscene level of horror.)

I really thought that legislature would be embraced after that. Babies! In their school! And then it wasn't. Imagine how the parents of those babies felt. Not that it would bring their children back, no, but at least it wouldn't feel so dismissive of the tragedy and their loss. And possibly mitigate another similar horror. But no...

Old 02-21-2018, 06:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Anyone else ever wonder at Mouldy's propensity to throw a "chum" thread in the waters of the Canada section then disappear while the waters are roiling?

We gotta be the most gullible fools, going through this again and again to what tactile end anyone can actually grasp in their hand?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:35 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
... to what tactile end ...
I'm tellin' ya, duel at 20 paces.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:29 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Anyone else ever wonder at Mouldy's propensity to throw a "chum" thread in the waters of the Canada section then disappear while the waters are roiling?

We gotta be the most gullible fools, going through this again and again to what tactile end anyone can actually grasp in their hand?
Well Mouldys topics are interesting however its odd that some guy in Mississippi has to generate the majority of Canadian topics.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:30 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
There are lots of firearms in Canada. They just don't have that many people, and for that reason, not many crazy people. It is a relatively small country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada