Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 05:26 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times

Advertisements

Is anyone outside of Ontario following the election?

Does anyone else realize how significant this election is not only to Ontario, but the country?

I already voted, but now I am on a mission to make sure very one I have contact with understand they need to go vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 05:39 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Is anyone outside of Ontario following the election?

Does anyone else realize how significant this election is not only to Ontario, but the country?

I already voted, but now I am on a mission to make sure very one I have contact with understand they need to go vote.
Time to get out the popcorn...

Old 05-31-2018, 05:43 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Time to get out the popcorn...
Did you vote yet!!!! I voted.... but I am on a mission to drag everyone I know in to vote.

My facebook is going to be blowing up over the next few days!!!

As I don't have cable and rarely take off my head phones there could be bombs dropping and I was be dancing through the streets and singing.

I need to get some signage for my lawn and in good klmrocks fashion make a grand statement.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:47 PM

151 posts, read 107,702 times
I'm in Alberta and we're watching your election from here with great interest. With no dog in this particular fight, I must say none of your choices are particularly appealing in my eyes. Whenever we visit Ontario, we're shocked at the stagnant economy and wonder where it will all end with your massive, unsustainable (and ever growing) debt. Whatever happens, I wish you good luck.

Of course, we have our own problems right now in Alberta. Honestly, it seems the shine is off the whole country these days.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Did you vote yet!!!! I voted.... but I am on a mission to drag everyone I know in to vote.

My facebook is going to be blowing up over the next few days!!!

As I don't have cable and rarely take off my head phones there could be bombs dropping and I was be dancing through the streets and singing.

I need to get some signage for my lawn and in good klmrocks fashion make a grand statement.
No i'll vote next week. I think my mind is made up.. Funny, when Brown resigned and I saw Elliot and even Mulroney in the mix I was seriously considering CON as I really was on the we need a change bandwagon. I think those candidates would have made a more palatable and red tory conservative party. That said, I CAN NEVER vote for Doug Ford. I remember Toronto under Rob Ford and this is just tooooo much. So, Wynne is done and I think the only other option Is the wave that is going on now with Orange Crush. So yeah, the party I though just 3 months ago I wouldn't vote for is now the one I will be. Such is life..

Old 05-31-2018, 07:23 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,967 times
I want to experience a PC meltdown. I want to see this.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:31 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
I'm in Alberta and we're watching your election from here with great interest. With no dog in this particular fight, I must say none of your choices are particularly appealing in my eyes. Whenever we visit Ontario, we're shocked at the stagnant economy and wonder where it will all end with your massive, unsustainable (and ever growing) debt. Whatever happens, I wish you good luck.

Of course, we have our own problems right now in Alberta. Honestly, it seems the shine is off the whole country these days.
My opinion is as long as Ford does not get elected PM then I am okay with mixed bag of mpps. My riding is not likely going conservative but you never know. I am seriously thinking of putting anyone but Ford for PM all over my lawn.

I actually like Kathleen.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:19 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post

How can you tell that Ontario has a massive, unsustainable and ever-growing debt, and be shocked by it, simply by visiting the province?

Old 05-31-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
How can you tell that Ontario has a massive, unsustainable and ever-growing debt, and be shocked by it, simply by visiting the province?
Kinda funny someone from Alberta talking about a stagnant economy in Ontario

Unemployment rate in Ontario's largest metro - 5.9%
https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tab...fss04f-eng.htm

Unemployment rate in Alberta's largest metro - 8.0%
https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tab...fss03k-eng.htm

stats as of Apr 2018

Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,480 times
This has to be THE WORST Ontario election OF ALL TIME or at the very least top three where there's literally NOT ONE CANDIDATE that I want to vote for. If they're not liars, they're idiots and any of these three morons that Ontarians have a choice of is going to do damage to this province no matter what.

Ford is dumb and his performance at the last debate was horrid and it showed how stupid he is where he kept going back to his campaign slogans and talking points because he was incapable of having any logical and intelligent discussion with Wynne and Horwath. Speaking of those two along with Ford, they're all flat out LIARS and will say and pander and do anything to win. And worst of all, all three are promising massive spending and/or tax cuts that will kill Ontarians and this province's finances for years to come.

I wish one time, ONE TIME a party leader could just have the courage to NOT promise the world to people to buy their votes and simply tell the truth that we need to try and at least slow down the ever increasing debt that this province owes and that while all these various programs are great, that we can't afford alot of them and that we need to prioritize and be smart with how they spend taxpayer money. Heck I would even be ok to pay a little more tax if they could only promise to not waste so much of it with various effups, giving their friends fat contracts or spending it on themselves and their families etc.

Right now I can't bring myself to vote for any of these three morons and I'm either going to not vote or vote for some small party candidate or something. Its just sad that Ontario can't ever get smart, non-corrupt, common sense people to run things and we're always stuck with the worst of the worst. Maybe the people who might be competent enough to run things properly are too smart to enter politics or else they might not be influential and charismatic enough to convince people to support them etc. Whatever the case, Ontario hasn't had a good government in decades now which is just plain sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada