Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 06:14 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It DOES save lives! EVERY SINGLE first world country that has gun controls in place has many many many less people murdered by them every year than the country that doesn't have any controls, the US. Therefore controlling guns reduces the amount of people shot to death every year by many thousands, the banning of these particular murder weapons will save lives and help keep gun crime in Canada at 1st world levels.
So, thousands of gun laws aren't enough? How many does Canada have at every level? More. Yet, this has been happening. Goooo team liberal.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:17 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Eh, I don't care what Canada does in this regard as I don't live there. If the people support the move, then so be it.
Exactly. Don't know why the others are being so emotional about what Canada does.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:24 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You think your military is afraid of Billy Joe with his guns?
LOL. This is funny!

Old 05-02-2020, 11:06 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
but rather anti "specific" firearm ownership.

Netwit's above post sums it up nicely.

What is the functional difference, in terms of killing abilities, between a scary looking black rifles and a semi automatic Remington hunting rifle used for decades by hunters and not being part of this ban?? This is what defies logic, it's a farce, it's nonsense....even more in Canada which does not experience frequent mass shootings (only 81 death since 1969).

It would actually make more sense to ban all firearms or leaving only single/dual shot ones legal. Handguns can still be bought in Canada (not carried for self defense but you can get a permit and buy them for target practice).

This ban is simple virtual signaling, emotional driven but the gullible public will feel "safe".

Old 05-03-2020, 03:24 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
....again, what this has to do with the current ban?? Canada already has gun control laws (and so does the US but with you I think it would be waste of time trying to explain).

I love to engage in these discussion to be fascinated by the lack of logic, pure emotionalism...
If you really can't see how banning these murder weapons will result in a reduction of people shot to death, particularly when your own country is a living example of what happens when you don't control these weapons then I really don't know what else to say apart from everybody else in the world doesn't seem to have this particular 'blind spot'

Old 05-03-2020, 08:01 AM

293 posts, read 245,887 times
I think some of these Trumpers commenting here are simply frustrated because they can't control the narrative in Canadian forums as they do in the American ones.

Every reasonable person knows that this ban won't make crime dissapear, but it is a step in the right direction and much much better than simply offering thoughts and prayers while hugging your AR-15 from your living room.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:05 AM

482 posts, read 419,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Exactly. Don't know why the others are being so emotional about what Canada does.
Good point. I think a lot of us Americans would like to see our neighbors to the north embrace the concepts surrounding freedom and personal responsibility like we do down here. I guess Canadians pre-disposition towards the nanny state rules the day. Pity.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
Good point. I think a lot of us Americans would like to see our neighbors to the north embrace the concepts surrounding freedom and personal responsibility like we do down here. I guess Canadians pre-disposition towards the nanny state rules the day. Pity.
On this metric at least, compared to the rest of the world the U.S. looks like the guy in the marching band who turned right when the rest of the band turned left, and yells "hey you guys all went the wrong way!"

Old 05-03-2020, 09:55 AM

482 posts, read 419,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
On this metric at least, compared to the rest of the world the U.S. looks like the guy in the marching band who turned right when the rest of the band turned left, and yells "hey you guys all went the wrong way!"
Leaders are the ones who don't follow the herd. We've always forged out own path and many more times than not have made the right choices. History proves that.

Enjoy being a sheep.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:14 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
Well that's very nice of you, but no thanks, you can keep your style of freedom and personal responsibility. We prefer developed first world models.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 05-03-2020 at 10:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada