Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 02:42 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,306,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Go take a good long look again at the picture in post #52. If you think any of those costumed clowns shown dressed as Moronic Mad Max movie characters and whatever their intentions are at the location where they are and the threat they "think" they are posing as because they're displaying fire power are representative of mentally stable and intelligent gun owners then there is no explaining to you what is obsessive and abnormal about the gun culture.

I can guarantee you that there is no fear to be afraid of these clowns as you call them...they are harmless, they like to do their things, I do mine...it's called freedom of expression....live and let live...

Old 05-02-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not the guns we are talking about. Hunting rifles are fine.

I tried to explain to you and others so many times but you do not get it...this is why it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion and in general ignorant people with an agenda should not be allowed to set policy.

This is a very popular semi automatic hunting rifle Nat....being around since the early 1950s for the joy of millions of granpas and grandsons deer hunters including Canadian ones...

It is actually quite more dangerous than a "scary looking" black rifle which fires and significantly less powerful round...this is the rifle used to kill Rev. Martin Luther King by the way.

Do not try to have a discussion about guns to ban if you do not understand the very basics (neither Trudeau by the way)....it's like me arguing about heart surgery.....

https://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImag...wm_8098524.jpg

Going back to the car issue....wanna bet that statistically we would save more life limiting vehicle speed to 85 MPH???

Last edited by elnina; 05-02-2020 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: copyrighted

Old 05-02-2020, 02:49 PM

61,745 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Looks like most people in Canada are happy, and support those new laws

Old 05-02-2020, 02:59 PM

Do you know why this is called a "Ranch Rifle"?? In some part of the country (for example, for farmers) it is a very useful tool.

This is why the Electoral College thankfully exists int he US...so that the large urban areas do not too easily dictate policy for the rest of the country.

https://ruger.com/products/mini14Ran...mages/5816.jpg

Last edited by elnina; 05-02-2020 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: copyrighted

Old 05-02-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

You judge "most" based on this forum and only the urban people?? As I said, good thing we have the Electoral College here.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:08 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
We are and we understand exactly why we want it. We understand that it won't stop someone who is determined, but it might stop a few. However, I believe the real reason Canadians support this is because it is a reflection on what type of country we want to be. One that sees no issue with guns made solely for killing people quickly, or one that sends a message that this is not who we are and see no purpose for these types of weapons.

Having the US as our neighbour and seeing the issues it has with guns, and the bad side of gun culture that has evolved, has had an effect on the Canadian psyche. We have always restricted guns very differently from the US. We believe the differences in the approach is one of the reasons we have less gun crime overall. We don't feel the need to protect ourselves with guns and don't understand why some here believe that if we had more guns we would be safer, when the opposite is true. I've heard it said, that if guns protected people, then the US would be one of the safest countries, and it's simply not.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You judge "most" based on this forum and only the urban people?? As I said, good thing we have the Electoral College here.
Polls say 80 percent support the move. 65 percent strongly support the move. 45 percent of gun owner support the move.

So ya, MOST

Old 05-02-2020, 03:19 PM

293 posts, read 246,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Good for you, keep your Electoral College and your guns south of the border.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
We are and we understand exactly why we want it. We understand that it won't stop someone who is determined, but it might stop a few. However, I believe the real reason Canadians support this is because it is a reflection on what type of country we want to be. One that sees no issue with guns made solely for killing people quickly, or one that sends a message that this is not who we are and see no purpose for these types of weapons.

Having the US as our neighbour and seeing the issues it has with guns, and the bad side of gun culture that has evolved, has had an effect on the Canadian psyche. We have always restricted guns very differently from the US. We believe the differences in the approach is one of the reasons we have less gun crime overall. We don't feel the need to protect ourselves with guns and don't understand why some here believe that if we had more guns we would be safer, when the opposite is true. I've heard it said, that if guns protected people, then the US would be one of the safest countries, and it's simply not.

Senseless drivel.

It would be much more useful to ban movies depicting indiscriminate acts of violence, "shoot them all" scenes and violent video games.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, always an if with them, I checked the list of massacres (the events listed include as little as 4 people dead) in Canada. Again, if the data is correct, since 1969 81 people lost their lives in mass shootings (I did not even check the type of firearms)....81 people in 51 years.....so how many people this ban will save??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cres_in_Canada

This is exactly my point, antis do not care about facts and numbers or other's people life...they simply want to impose to people what is deemed acceptable to them...it is a slippery slope from here.

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-02-2020 at 03:30 PM..

Old 05-02-2020, 03:46 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
What Canada has done is what EVERY first world nation would do, what Canada has done will help keep it's firearm murder rates low like all other 1st world countries with the exception of ONE of course, the ONE (So called) first world country that has 3rd world firearm death rates! What Canada has done is so bloody obviously the right thing to do that it's actually hard to believe there are people on this planet that think otherwise! :-)! Well done Canada for saving thousands of future lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada