Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 10:08 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,568,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Where were these "heroes" when BLM burnt down cities back in 2020? I doubt if they would even attempt to stop it. Heroes my azz.
Ottawa saw BLM protests, the protesters, came, yelled and went home, they did not dance on the tomb of the unknown soldier, deface statues of National Heroes (Terry Fox), urinate on statues, defecate on the street, harass kids working minimum wage jobs who were just doing what they by asking them put on a mask

in short there is zero comparison between Ottawa's experience with BLM protests and what these *******s are doing

I frankly dont care what happened in the US or elsewhere with other BLM protests, if that is the point you are trying to make
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 10:13 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Where were these "heroes" when BLM burnt down cities back in 2020? I doubt if they would even attempt to stop it. Heroes my azz.
What??

What Candian cities did BLM protestors burn down???? I didin't realize we had any BLM protest in Canada except Toronto and nothing got burnt down there.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:47 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
What??

What Candian cities did BLM protestors burn down???? I didin't realize we had any BLM protest in Canada except Toronto and nothing got burnt down there.
We had BLM protests in Montreal, the police got rough at the first one with little apparent provocation, these others were peaceful. If you put a toe out of line but are harmless, the laws are enforced. If you are dangerous degenerates, apparently the police are too afraid of you, so you can do what you like to a much wider degree, you are too scary and dangerous for laws to apply.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:58 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
What??

We had at least one BLM protest in Winnipeg too, Luis. Of course it was entirely peaceful so I’m not too surprised you missed it on the local news that day.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...lice-1.5601130

Old 02-02-2022, 11:35 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
We had at least one BLM protest in Winnipeg too, Luis. Of course it was entirely peaceful so I’m not too surprised you missed it on the local news that day.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...lice-1.5601130
Oh that's right. I forgot about that. Yes you're right very peaceful demonstrations. I'm surprised there was as many people as the article is saying.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:35 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,859,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Yup...glad to see the spirit of freedom is alive in spite of Trudeau. Looks like the people of Canada are reminding their government of the fact that they are a free country. This is the way it should be. Those protests are HUGE. There is no hiding the fact that a lot of Canadian people are on the side of freedom.
This is more like the blind leading the blind…or perhaps the stupid leading the stupid or the nazis leading the stupid. The more apparent fact you should note is that most of the Canadian people think this convoy is a giant grift led by morons, literal nazis, and people who have the luxury of taking time off work to join a convoy of morons and nazis.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:35 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And they have been portrayed as being indispensable. The D class drivers with the gravel trucks shown in Ottawa don't cross the border anyway. The owner operators taking part must be the dumbest box of rocks on the planet if they think pizzing off the entire country who have already been willingly vaccinated are going to support them while they hold up shipping of goods they want or need because they're afraid of a wee jab in the arm..

Watch the Walmart trucks cross. Watch the Amazon Prime trucks continue making deliveries. Watch those American owned company driver's in lieu of returning Canadians crossing daily with fruits and veggies that Canadians will gladly eat.

We're wasting bandwidth debating on here. They have an agenda and will stick to it regardless as this protest FIZZLES like a wet firecracker.
They are definitely losing goodwill with every day that passes. Everyone is tired of the pandemic, but interfering with much needed food supplies during Winter is adding stress and grief to Canadians at a time when they least need it. At the same time, I'd rather go without than agree to the demands of the truckers.

I know a number of people who have bought into the trucker's hype. They've been staunch Liberals, bashing the Conservative governments for years. My question for them, now that they're anti-Trudeau, is whether they're going to vote Conservative in the next election. That does not go over well either. They're pro-trucker, pro-protest, anti-Trudeau and simultaneously pro-liberal. They even think that the Prime Minister of Canada is faking that he has covid. It's bizarre.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:44 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think that first line should say SOME Canadians are stupid and not imply that all Canadians are stupid. You're right that the organizers and protesters did not think it through.

True. Sadly, the truckers are promoting the idea that they speak for all Canadians and that their demands that the Federal Government dictate covid management across the country is a majority belief. Anyone who does little more than skim the headlines, or relies on social media for information, will never understand how completely illogical this is, or how dangerous it is to demand federal interference in provincial governance.
"Some of the organizers of the protest that's brought noise, traffic problems and harassment to downtown Ottawa say they have empathy for the city's residents, but insist there's no other way to end all COVID-19 public health mandates across Canada."(link)

Old 02-02-2022, 01:27 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
A poster elsewhere had heard a rumor that there would be a Ottawa-style protest starting in Winnipeg on Friday. Another poster responded, “Bring signs saying, ‘Honk if you love Trudeau.’’’

LOL! Maybe they should try that in Ottawa to reduce the noise polution.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:41 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
As others have pointed out, BLM protests in Canada were peaceful.

I remember one or two in Vancouver. Saw their new Vancouver spokesperson on TV, and liked her better than the last one. She was well spoken.

No burning, no violence etc.

You seem confused. Why would these women in Ottawa head to the US and confront BLM protesters in a foreign country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada