Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 03:00 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollycat View Post
The Provinces/Territories already have plans in place for when various restrictions will be lifted. I believe personally that the convoy will try to keep people in Ottawa until these markers are reached and the governments start to loosen up on restrictions. Then they will claim that it was all because of their protest.

Brilliant really because their target audience isn't the people who listen to the pressers, read the reports posted by the Health Authorities or look at the in depth data reports.
That might have been their plan but it won't work out the way they want. What they're doing now is an illegal occupation of the nation's capital and holding the residents of the capital as hostages and terrorizing them with oppressive behaviour and deprivation of basic daily needs. They attempted to do the same thing to the little border town Coutts in Alberta and now there's talk about moving on to Quebec City and do the same thing there.

They have become a junta attempting a coup d'état, an overthrow of government and illegal seizure of power.

Canada's government and people have tried to be reasonable and peaceful with the protesters but if the folks in the convoy and the organizers who have duped and manipulated them intend to try to keep this up until their unreasonable demands are met then the next step will be to call in the military to arrest the protesters, move them out, confiscate and move their vehicles out of the city and impound them. And then the real trouble will start for them and for the white nationalist separatist party organizers who duped them and for the foreign supporters that have been encouraging them.

They aren't being as smart as they think they are if they can't even recognize how much they have been tricked and manipulated by their organizers and foreign supporters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 03:06 PM

219 posts, read 161,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
For the past two years, provincial governments - which manage covid restrictions provincially (something truckers don't seem to understand) - have implemented and removed restrictions based on ensuring that hospitals are not overwhelmed. They are still doing that today. In six months, if there is another surge in cases that overwhelms hospitals, restrictions will again be implemented by provincial governments. These decisions are completely independent of the federal government and trucker demands.

Truckers are delusional. I agree that as restrictions are managed/lifted at provincial levels, truckers will believe that they forced the federal government to mandate provincial changes.
Thank you. That is a much clearer explanation of what I was trying to say in my first paragraph.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:43 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
I wonder when the truckers will realize that their vehicles aren’t covered by liability insurance:

https://twitter.com/TraceyKent/statu...17909036490754

They are using their vehicles for a non commercial use.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I wonder when the truckers will realize that their vehicles aren’t covered by liability insurance:

https://twitter.com/TraceyKent/statu...17909036490754

They are using their vehicles for a non commercial use.
The dumbazzery involved in this protest rises to the level of complete ignorance of all things relevant to their very particular predicament.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:18 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post
LOL yes this is completely a fringe minority:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L-BTvuRJEE

It makes Canada Day in Ottawa look like small stuff!

Obviously it's a fringe minority that's why Justin Trudeau went into hiding!
Less than 5,000 people celebrate Canada Day? I'm sorry hear your holiday has so little support. I would have thought it would be much more.

Old 02-03-2022, 04:31 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Less than 5,000 people celebrate Canada Day? I'm sorry hear your holiday has so little support. I would have thought it would be much more.
LOL. Don't forget the person who wrote that is a separatist who doesn't consider Canada to be his country, he believes another place where he lives is his country. So he doesn't know how many real Canadians celebrate Canada Day.

The Canada Day celebrations are robustly celebrated every year by 38 million enthusiastic Canadians from coast to coast to coast.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:16 PM

120 posts, read 71,264 times
It has been confirmed that a significant percentage of this convoy is American and Americans have egged on and funded this event. If the Confederate flags, Nazi flags and Dont Tread On Me flags that Americans love to carry to protests didn't give it away. A convoy of white nationalists and anti-Canadian protestors funded by foreign countries does NOT represent true Canada. These people need to be charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for a slew of crimes related to disorderly conduct and hate crimes.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:17 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
I agree that the protesters will use any provincial loosening of restrictions as proof that their protesters is working as I've already heard that from people.

In other news, a parliamentary committee is calling for GoFundMe to account for where the money is coming from and what it is being used to fund https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...ndme-1.6338433

Old 02-03-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Canada Day is a major holiday that is celebrated by millions of happy & healthy Canadians every year.

Old 02-03-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I agree that the protesters will use any provincial loosening of restrictions as proof that their protesters is working as I've already heard that from people.

In other news, a parliamentary committee is calling for GoFundMe to account for where the money is coming from and what it is being used to fund https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...ndme-1.6338433
Is it illegal to use a GoFundMe account to fund domestic terrorism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada