Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 11:16 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times

Advertisements

A Canadian forum conversation with nostalgia, memories, mentions! I didn't have the pleasure of meeting the missing. I don't golf, or sow a garden. I love rock'n roll, but don't remember names of songs and bands.

Je suis Canadien!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 12:50 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
A Canadian forum conversation with nostalgia, memories, mentions! I didn't have the pleasure of meeting the missing. I don't golf, or sow a garden. I love rock'n roll, but don't remember names of songs and bands.

Je suis Canadien!
Aw, you're fine. Just remember the Stampeders, Michel Pagliaro, BTO, Burton Cummings, and listen to me gripe about my golf game. Hey, I'll be putting in tomatoes and peppers in about two weeks.

Welcome!

Old 04-30-2022, 09:23 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I like puppies.

Termagant is the answer to your question. I had to look it up. I've never heard the word before.
Ooo, I like it.

I've kind of been going with Crone. It has a Paganish connotation, and there's a Facebook group called Crones of Anarchy that I like.

I let my hair go gray since COVID, and I am loving it. When I last Facetimed with my daughter, she said she loved it, too. I said "It's always been my goal to be the old weird hippie woman who wears long dresses and is a little bit feared by the neighborhood children. In fact, I bought some long dresses recently for the summer to help me achieve that goal."

She laughed and said, "Mom, you're THERE. You've been there for a long, long time."

Old 04-30-2022, 11:16 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

..... I let my hair go gray since COVID, and I am loving it. When I last Facetimed with my daughter, she said she loved it, too.....
If you ever watch any news on CTV you might be familiar with Lisa LaFlamme, she is the chief anchor and senior editor of CTV National News. She has always been an attractive woman with brunette hair but when the covid pandemic started she let her hair go gray. Now she is not only merely attractive, she looks absolutely stunning with her silvery gray hair. Gray hair rocks.

Old 04-30-2022, 12:52 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Ooo, I like it.

I've kind of been going with Crone. It has a Paganish connotation, and there's a Facebook group called Crones of Anarchy that I like.

I let my hair go gray since COVID, and I am loving it. When I last Facetimed with my daughter, she said she loved it, too. I said "It's always been my goal to be the old weird hippie woman who wears long dresses and is a little bit feared by the neighborhood children. In fact, I bought some long dresses recently for the summer to help me achieve that goal."

She laughed and said, "Mom, you're THERE. You've been there for a long, long time."
Crone, shrew and termagant. So we have three for woman and only one so far for men.

Cantankerous, might work, although the definition doesn't seem to specify a sex.

Anyone?

I have a friend about your age who let her hair go grey and long. She is certainly a free spirit!

Old 04-30-2022, 02:41 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
I hope the sale of your Florida home goes well. Mixing up your winter holiday spots sounds like a great idea.

Glad your curmudgeonly ways are confirmed! Best to embrace it. I'm still working on mine. I tried the other day, but I think I scared a child. Not good. I'll have to work on a more loveable curmudgeonly nature.
Oh boy did it ever go well! A woman in NY saw it on line and made a cash offer. The deal was firmed up with closing in just four days from listing. I've gone through more aggro selling a used car.

Back home now and just spent the afternoon helping a young neighbour install one of those round trampoline-like swings from a low tree branch and then we quaffed a lager while the kids were screaming their delight on the thing. Imagine an afternoon spent with NO political partisan discussion! It got so we couldn't even enjoy happy hours down there without listening to the petty bickering over Biden this or Trump that.

If it gets that bad in Canada, I'm moving to Pitcairn Is.

Old 05-01-2022, 03:44 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh boy did it ever go well! A woman in NY saw it on line and made a cash offer. The deal was firmed up with closing in just four days from listing. I've gone through more aggro selling a used car.

Back home now and just spent the afternoon helping a young neighbour install one of those round trampoline-like swings from a low tree branch and then we quaffed a lager while the kids were screaming their delight on the thing. Imagine an afternoon spent with NO political partisan discussion! It got so we couldn't even enjoy happy hours down there without listening to the petty bickering over Biden this or Trump that.

If it gets that bad in Canada, I'm moving to Pitcairn Is.
That is fast!

When I visit the US, well anywhere actually, I try not to discuss religion, or politics. I succeed most times.
Unless there is a legitimate question about Canada and " our ways ", then I might get drawn in.

Old 05-03-2022, 02:33 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
That is fast!

When I visit the US, well anywhere actually, I try not to discuss religion, or politics. I succeed most times.
Unless there is a legitimate question about Canada and " our ways ", then I might get drawn in.
Along that note, I had my first face-to-face appointment in 2 years with my doctor (I've been experiencing chest pains and dizziness). My doctor and I are friendish - not quite friends but more than patient-doctor relationships usually are. So he always asks about my parents and my husband (we have different doctors).

I'd like to backtrack a moment to say my doctor is French, very sophisticated and good looking, almost the stereotypical idea of a Frenchman. He reminds me of my idea of Acajack actually!

So in telling him how my husband is doing (not great, end-of-life, at home with Home Care), he blew me away by asking me something Canadians never ask each other, least of all from a Catholic (this may make Suesbal very happy!). He asked if I believed in Jesus. I said, "I believe in God," very cautiously while giving him a funny look, and he said. "But do you believe in Jesus?"

Turns out, he's a very pious man. After which we talked religion for at least 10 minutes. I never would have thought!

(No, I wasn't offended. We are friendish.)

Old 05-03-2022, 02:43 PM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post

I'd like to backtrack a moment to say my doctor is French, very sophisticated and good looking, almost the stereotypical idea of a Frenchman. He reminds me of my idea of Acajack actually!
Ooh, the pressure. I fear you might be disappointed!

(Out of curiosity, is he French Canadian or French from France?)

Old 05-03-2022, 03:20 PM

7,306 posts, read 9,314,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Ooh, the pressure. I fear you might be disappointed!

(Out of curiosity, is he French Canadian or French from France?)
French-Canadian!

I have never heard a French-Canadian Catholic talk about religion. I've only heard Catholics of other nationalities speak a few times about religion. Not that I'm an expert in how Catholics do or don't talk about religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada