Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 PM

26 posts, read 168,543 times

Advertisements

Don't quote me to a T but first of all, Canadians have what 70-90 million people but the US has 230 million. So that alone means people living in the US make more money. Also Canada has much landmass unliveable for humans, while the US has what Alaska, which still liveable. If Canada had more liveable land mass there would be more businesses and more money. So, you can't really compare the two fairly.
If Canada had California, it would be desireable to live there, which would make housing and goods more expensive which would make pay checks larger. So like I said, not compareable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,751,602 times
We won't quote you to a T, Buffygirl, but the last Canada Census only counted about 32 million Canadians.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 AM

29 posts, read 180,336 times
Wow. I thought there were more people in Canada than 32 million. Doesn't California have that many alone or more?

Old 08-03-2007, 02:37 PM

106 posts, read 472,071 times
Wow only 32 million Canadians! I defiantely thought there were more than that. Yeah I'm almost positive there's a couple states with at least that many people.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:30 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
California is over 34 million. Has a bigger economy than Canada as well. Canada has huge tracts of very livable land. I would think very capable of supporting a few hundred million people. Not suggesting that the Canadians are interested in going there...just that they could.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,237,731 times
Also, the current US population is over 300 million now. Estimates on the nonlegal (and therefore not counted) residents vary from 5 to 15 million.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:20 AM

6 posts, read 25,779 times
Default Is it true that the cost of a UAW is more than for a CAW?

This is an edit. Being new I believe I posted this in the wrong string. Thought I was posting it in salary differences between US and CAN

CAW claims it is. However GM has continually closed Canadian plants over their American counterparts. This is not an American bashing letter. The country is fantastic. Has anyone seen any real data on this?

Last edited by Marklikely; 06-24-2008 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: error

Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 AM

6 posts, read 25,779 times
Default Does Ontario have the bulk of the population still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
We won't quote you to a T, Buffygirl, but the last Canada Census only counted about 32 million Canadians.
When I was in school, Ontario had approximately 30 % or 7 out of 22 million people. Has this not grown to a larger percentage, given to many factors.

Now in NS I am hearing that ON is no longer the economic engine of Canada. My heritage wants me to falsify that claim.

Does anyone have information on the best places to live in the US, given ability to afford, lack of crime and civil strife, availability of cost effective health care, taxes, pollution and such?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 06-26-2008, 04:10 PM

681 posts, read 2,913,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklikely View Post
Does anyone have information on the best places to live in the US, given ability to afford, lack of crime and civil strife, availability of cost effective health care, taxes, pollution and such? Thanks,
Mark
Mark, its pretty hard to beat Pebble Beach, CA, and it's environs in and around Carmel-by-the-sea. Room temperature year round, and extremely scenic and environmentally friendly areas. But there are others, too.

Unless you wouldn't like having Arnold for a governor and idiots as legislators.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:16 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,899,962 times
I am dual citizen in health care that has worked and lived in both countires. American salaries are far higher and cost of living can be alllot lower.

the brain drain contributes to this. Candians migrate to the uSA byt hte boat load .I have seen people salaries double and even triple in the USA when they moved there.

I dont see how anyone can think canadians make more, its just silly and totally inaccurte . I live in vancouver , now that is a poor city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada