Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 11:09 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

I can't make suggestions but the D.O. I'm seeing for structural body issues says: the body has a way of healing itself. I believe that to a good degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 11:20 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
No, you are behaving very well, sure you are worried and cautious.
But, as the other poster said, a CT scan is not invasive, it is just an outward scan, it would help diagnose the condition of your kidneys. A cystoscopy is rather invasive, you are right to postpone that.
The Doctor didn't order the CT, the Urology Dept. told the office lady trying to schedule my appointment with Urology was told they wouldn't even schedule an appt. unless I had a CT done first.

That is why I would put off the CT as it is all part of the Urology referral that the Dr. ordered a cystoscopy.

I guess if I knew that the Urology Dept. wouldn't automatically want to do a cystoscopy....I'd feel more trust in this situation.

It just seems like everything went from zero to 60 in seconds....without my comfort level and education being part of it....if that makes sense.

Plus, any type procedure that requires general anesthesia is scary and poses risks imo.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:19 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
The urologists aren't going to hog-tie you and force you to have the cystoscopy. They might even say it isn't needed once they see the CT.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
The urologists aren't going to hog-tie you and force you to have the cystoscopy. They might even say it isn't needed once they see the CT.
This is true....thanks for the laugh. But, if I can have sonogram that determines the condition of my kidneys and liver, or blood work that can determine kidney or bladder stones I will start there.

I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for your post.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:43 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I can't make suggestions but the D.O. I'm seeing for structural body issues says: the body has a way of healing itself. I believe that to a good degree.
And so do I. This ^^^^^
One should give one's immune system the opportunity to heal the body, and not stifle the immune system in its capacity and take away its strength to heal the body by over medicating. Give the. body time to heal itself, and assist if necessary, but gradually and not too aggressive.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:13 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
What's with all the statin bashing threads lately? This is the at least the third one in as many days, and each thread is just the same statin scare tactic song, sung in a slightly different key.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Scooby....this isn't a bashing thread. I am a real person, going through real medical issues and others are offering their experiences and support.

Please feel free to give your input on the cystoscopy procedure or blood in the urine and any related issues. It may help me or others.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
This ^^^^ yes!
After interpreting the CT scan, they will decide the further actions.

The CT scan will be done on the kidneys and the bladder, the whole urinary system?

I hope so.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What's with all the statin bashing threads lately? This is the at least the third one in as many days, and each thread is just the same statin scare tactic song, sung in a slightly different key.

There is an anti-statin wave. Statins have bad side effects.

I seems that recent studies show that cholesterol was unjustified blamed for the occurrence of strokes and heart attacks.
Actually, too low cholesterol can be even more harmful than average cholesterol since cholesterol is needed for the production of various hormones, even sex hormones.

To treat a person whose cholesterol is below 200 with statins is defintely not good.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
This ^^^^ yes!
After interpreting the CT scan, they will decide the further actions.

The CT scan will be done on the kidneys and the bladder, the whole urinary system?

I hope so.
Yes, this is true. And after I talk to my Dr. when she is back next week and get some questions answered if the procedure is still recommended I will schedule it through her again.

I do appreciate every ones input, thank you so much. I will keep updating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer