Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 03:40 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times

Advertisements

FYI For anyone who is facing a sonogram or ultra sound for your uterus like I just had today, there are two parts.....first is the normal outside on your abdomen , and the second part is like a pap smear in that it is inserted in your vagina....but does not hurt at all. To be quite candid, it's like inserting a tampax...but it is actually the camera.

The patient can op to insert it themselves under the guidance of the technician, or they can have the technician do it.
I won't know the results until my Doc. calls within the next couple of days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
FYI For anyone who is facing a sonogram or ultra sound for your uterus like I just had today, there are two parts.....first is the normal outside on your abdomen , and the second part is like a pap smear in that it is inserted in your vagina....but does not hurt at all. To be quite candid, it's like inserting a tampax...but it is actually the camera.

The patient can op to insert it themselves under the guidance of the technician, or they can have the technician do it.
I won't know the results until my Doc. calls within the next couple of days.
as usual, please keep us posted

Old 10-27-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
as usual, please keep us posted
Well, I got the call today from my Doctor that the sonogram came back with just a fibrous area that is benign and nothing to worry about, so that was good.

I'm still scheduled for cystoscopy in early Nov. and my A1C was reduced to 5.8 from 10.7 when I was first diagnosed in the end of July with type 11 diabetes. Knocking wood.

I certainly encourage anyone to share their ongoing medical experiences also. It sure has helped me during all these ongoing medical issues to see the caring and encouraging words. Special Thanks nmnita!!
Thanks all so much!

Old 10-28-2016, 07:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Well, I got the call today from my Doctor that the sonogram came back with just a fibrous area that is benign and nothing to worry about, so that was good.

I'm still scheduled for cystoscopy in early Nov. and my A1C was reduced to 5.8 from 10.7 when I was first diagnosed in the end of July with type 11 diabetes. Knocking wood.

I certainly encourage anyone to share their ongoing medical experiences also. It sure has helped me during all these ongoing medical issues to see the caring and encouraging words. Special Thanks nmnita!!
Thanks all so much!
what wondeful news this is. I was telling myself over and over, you were going to be fine: now I guess I told myself right. Good luck with the next test. Life can be good if we keep positive thoughts as much as possible.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what wondeful news this is. I was telling myself over and over, you were going to be fine: now I guess I told myself right. Good luck with the next test. Life can be good if we keep positive thoughts as much as possible.
Thank you so much. I am hopeful, and that is much better than I felt weeks ago when I started this thread.
I so appreciate being able to share this and gain support.

Thanks especially nmnita!! I appreciate your support and thoughts.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:42 AM

Well, I had the cystoscopy procedure this am. It wasn't horrible, more uncomfortable sort of like a pap smear is uncomfortable. What was interesting is that you are able to watch on the monitor as the little camera is moved around inside your bladder.

The Doctor and I were both looking, and we did see the right side ureter spurt the bloody urine into the bladder, the left side was clear urine.

Now, the good part about this is that we at least can see where it is coming from....essentially my right ureter.....which connects to my right kidney. So next Fri I will be having an outpatient procedure that is a bit like the cystoscopy, I cannot remember the name.....where they go up inside the right ureter, to explore that tube to see if there is evidence of why I'm bleeding. It is all a bit worrying of course, because from the kidneys there are all kinds of attached body parts. I'm hoping the Doctor can see something, if there is something there....biggest worry being it may lead to additional procedures if nothing is conclusive.

Sorry that I'm sort of butchering up the explanation.....I'm not good with anatomical names....

Thanks for those that have been keeping me in your prayers.

And for anyone facing a cystoscopy it was not at all painful...the lidocaine cream worked great....and there was no other anesthetic involved. The whole visit took 1/2 hour. So, I hope that I can ease anyone else's fears of this procedure.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:00 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So glad it wasn't bad! Keep us informed, we care about you.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:24 PM

Thank you so much, that was very nice of you. Tried to rep you.

I will have the next procedure this coming Fri. I'll update after that.

Prayers and positive thoughts requested, Thanks all.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:23 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Quote:

And for anyone facing a cystoscopy it was not at all painful...the lidocaine cream worked great....and there was no other anesthetic involved. The whole visit took 1/2 hour. So, I hope that I can ease anyone else's fears of this procedure.
See? Told ya they aren't that bad. Let's get one every year.....not.

Sounds like they are zeroing in on things. Continued good luck.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:25 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
I also had the cystoscopy for hematuria (blood in the urine). It was painless and showed a small stone in the kidney and nothing else. The urologist said this is nothing to worry about and the cause of the blood remains unknown. She told me this is very common and to just come back in a year for a check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer