Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Thank you so much, that was very nice of you. Tried to rep you.

I will have the next procedure this coming Fri. I'll update after that.

Prayers and positive thoughts requested, Thanks all.
you certainly have my prayers and I will continue to think positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 04:06 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I also had the cystoscopy for hematuria (blood in the urine). It was painless and showed a small stone in the kidney and nothing else. The urologist said this is nothing to worry about and the cause of the blood remains unknown. She told me this is very common and to just come back in a year for a check.
Glad you have nothing to worry about. I didn't know hematuria is common.

Today I had the outpatient "surgery" It went very well. I had been anticipating this procedure all week, of course worrying some about general anesthetic but that went well too.

The Dr. performed several different procedures....I'll try to copy them here. Right semi-rigid and flexible digital ureteroscopy, collection of right ureteral washing & right ureteral stent placement.

The Doctor spoke to me, and my husband and son separately. He took scrapings and is sending those off to be checked. He said there was no evidence of any masses, or tumors or anything visible. I have a follow up next week to remove the stint and will ask him a few more questions.

I have to say as scary as any sort of "surgery" is even outpatient I really appreciated how ell I was looked after by our hospital staff there. There is nothing like those warm blankets and pampering that comes with going through this outpatient procedures.

I was very thankful for all the great staff and their excellent attention.

I was admitted at 7:30 and home with Chinese food on the way by noon.

Still not clear on the "why" for the hematuria....but ever thankful for great medical care while finding out.

Thanks for all your kindnesses and support.

Last edited by JanND; 12-02-2016 at 05:04 PM..

Old 12-02-2016, 07:25 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So glad it went well!

Old 12-03-2016, 03:42 AM

Thank you~

Old 12-09-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I also had the cystoscopy for hematuria (blood in the urine). It was painless and showed a small stone in the kidney and nothing else. The urologist said this is nothing to worry about and the cause of the blood remains unknown. She told me this is very common and to just come back in a year for a check.
Today was my follow up Doctor visit and stint removal after last Fridays procedure.
I was amazed at the size of the stint.....and it explained the serious pain that I've been experiencing since about day 2 after last Fri's procedure.

I am quoting your post, because like you....Everything is clear...
The results from the scrapings my Doctor took last Fri. were negative for anything to worry about. Yet we still do not know why the bleeding. According to my Doc. nothing to worry about, this does happen. I follow up with him in 6 mths for some urine testing.

Otherwise, I'm so happy to have that stint out, Wow that became so painful...after seeing it I totally get why, it was long with rings on the end....such a relief to have it out.

Thanks again for all that have participated in this thread, and for all the support.

I'm going to check back occasionally....and I hope this thread helps others who may have any situations similar.

Thanks All!

Old 12-16-2016, 06:48 PM

Update: I wanted to add, after the stint removal I have had so much pain and discomfort it was unbelievable. I just wanted to let others know that may not have help at home so that they could be prepared. I was not prepared for this pain, and I have help so I am getting through it, and as of this post doing much better.

I would suggest anyone that is facing this to have lots of fluids handy, and someone to help you with meals and such. Take your prescribed pain pills right away, because you will avoid some of what I went through. I am afraid of pain meds, so I didn't take them until I absolutely had to....and they did help.

Again, thanks for all the thoughts from others, it helped.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:29 AM

Update:
The pain after my procedure lasted approximately 3 weeks. For the last few weeks there has not been the ongoing pain, and the blood has disappeared from my urine.

So, thank you to all those that has me in their prayers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things stay as they are. I will have a follow up cystoscopy at one year...but I'm not sure after my consult that a cystoscopy will need to be preformed if the bleeding has not recurred. Guess we'll see.

Meanwhile, I hope any of the information shared will help others facing similar procedures.

I appreciate everyone's input, and I especially appreciate having a forum like this where we can all share our experiences which helps others.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:12 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Good news, Jan!

Old 02-18-2017, 05:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Glad for your good news!

Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Update:
The pain after my procedure lasted approximately 3 weeks. For the last few weeks there has not been the ongoing pain, and the blood has disappeared from my urine.

So, thank you to all those that has me in their prayers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things stay as they are. I will have a follow up cystoscopy at one year...but I'm not sure after my consult that a cystoscopy will need to be preformed if the bleeding has not recurred. Guess we'll see.

Meanwhile, I hope any of the information shared will help others facing similar procedures.

I appreciate everyone's input, and I especially appreciate having a forum like this where we can all share our experiences which helps others.
great news: prayers can help in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer