Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:39 PM

186 posts, read 131,838 times

Advertisements

I didn't see where to put this.

I've had almost non stop heavy vaginal bleeding for the 6-8 weeks. Bleeding slows down when I exercise so we are going again tonight.Sometimes stops for up to 4 hrs after exercise (though it did it for an hour last night after exercising, then stopped or was very light for about 5 hrs after the ride) I am scared because I spit up blood last night too.

Symptons
Heavy Vaginal Bleeding & bloating, feeling full for almost two months. Some days not considered heavy but not light bleeding.
Spit up blood last night out of my mouth. Nothing today, hasn't happened again
Severe Insomnia for 3 months straight. Thought stress at work was causing it.
Very thin, bright red watery blood so am eating foods hoping to make it coagulate better.

Blood would subside when I cycled. We are going again tonight and I feel fine. The spitting up of that blood only occurred last night, and only once.

Saw a Nurse Practitioner-N.P last week who did an exam & pap. Tests came back normal but it was a lower flow day so there was still blood there. I was not anemic per the prick test. I am going into see the doctor, drop in, after work on Friday. Not sure if I will get a N.P again or not. This is at the Indian Health Clinic though I have Kaiser -1k deductible)

Thanks for any ideas, I appreciate it. I've spent all night and today googling with almost nothing coming up. Uterine Fibroids don't explain the about a tablespoon of blood I spit up last night into the sink. It wasn't from my teeth because I cleaned up then tried to brush them again and nothing happened. It was different, not the blood from your mouth. A round circle and bright red again
. 4 yrs ago I had a thyroid test and it was fine. I was drinking a cup of coffee everyday, sometimes 2 cups, until yesterday but not anymore..N.P said it was related to hormones and at 48, it was time for me to go thru menopause but there are no other symptoms of that. I feel like it is coming from my stomach, as being bloated normally if you skip meals it will subside somewhat. It doesn't at all.

Thanks so much

Last edited by BingoQueen; 06-28-2017 at 08:59 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 09:21 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
The blood from your mouth is unlikely to have anything to do with the vaginal bleeding. What do you mean by "spit up"? Did you gag? Cough? Vomit?

For the vaginal bleeding you need to see a gynecologist. Too many things can cause it, and a Pap smear is not the apppropriate test to diagnose what is going on.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:38 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I had real heavy bleeding back in my early 40's and a cyst was found on right ovary. I agreed to hysterectomy and did no research etc as there wasn't the info we have today. That was probably the best surgery, but still I was left with sciatic nerve damage.

The mouth blood, can't comment.

Wondering why you posted this here?

Old 06-28-2017, 09:49 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
OP, no one here can give you any sort of guess as to what the issue is.
This is not the place to seek medical advice or medical guessing.
It is also not allowed on this site to even attempt to give medical advice.
Go to see your Physician who is trained to diagnos and treat medical illness.
Go to see your Dentist who is trained to diagnos and treat dental illness.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The blood from your mouth is unlikely to have anything to do with the vaginal bleeding. What do you mean by "spit up"? Did you gag? Cough? Vomit?

For the vaginal bleeding you need to see a gynecologist. Too many things can cause it, and a Pap smear is not the apppropriate test to diagnose what is going on.
It was only about 2 tbsp of blood while I was brushing my teeth but it wasn't from my mouth.

I've been really stressed but not the last week. We just finished our bike ride and I did pretty well.
It just doesn't feel like I have anything serious, nor is there any pain.

We decided on the ride maybe they weren't related and maybe it is a small ulcer.

Great advice to see a Gynecologist. I'll make an appt with Kaiser for that. That's the kind of Dr I need to see.

Then start studying on the symptoms of an ulcer, and make an appt at the Indian clinic to see my Doctor instead of an N.P. Thanks so much for your advice

Old 06-28-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I had real heavy bleeding back in my early 40's and a cyst was found on right ovary. I agreed to hysterectomy and did no research etc as there wasn't the info we have today. That was probably the best surgery, but still I was left with sciatic nerve damage.

The mouth blood, can't comment.

Wondering why you posted this here?
Yes it could be that, correct. Wow sorry you had to go thru that surgery. That is serious. That happened to my Mom
I looked up ovarian cysts and it isn't something a regular pap exam can reveal. I'll mention that to Doctor too, thanks a lot

Old 06-29-2017, 08:23 AM

924 posts, read 1,677,842 times
OP, I've experienced abnormal vaginal bleeding twice in my life. Because of my age, and the fact that it was basically periods that started and wouldn't end for weeks, the doctors said it was most likely hormonal but both promptly ordered transvaginal ultrasounds. One did it that day in her office, the other scheduled it within a few days when her tech was there. I had no other symptoms.

The first time showed nothing abnormal so it was attributed to hormones and the second time some polyps and suspected fibroids were found. I had a myomectomy and everything they removed was biopsied as a precaution.

These were two different doctors, years apart (and I stopped seeing the first one because she showed signs of drug use or mental illness!) but both decided that the standard of care was transvaginal ultrasound ASAP.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoQueen View Post
Yes it could be that, correct. Wow sorry you had to go thru that surgery. That is serious. That happened to my Mom
I looked up ovarian cysts and it isn't something a regular pap exam can reveal. I'll mention that to Doctor too, thanks a lot
Hysterectomies are done a lot and I don't LOVE any surgery but it was good for me at the time and I was told I had a cyst the size of an orange. If that was true, who knows.... All I know what a relief no more bleeding and no more worries about birth control. A friend had one done with this procedure:

Laparoscopy: Results, Reasons for Testing, Prep, and More

Don't worry and don't rush to do anything but IF you need some kind of medical support,
then medical opinions can help.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:57 AM

Thank you everyone.

For the first time, I have no bleeding at all. The exercise has paid off. And it can be used to help decide whether there is something there as you can exercise to keep hormones at bay but if I keep exercising and the blood stays away, that means it likely isn't a cyst, polo, tumor etc...because they would likely STILL be bleeding.

Time will tell on some of it.

My diet was changed (not that it was bad before) to just eating certain foods, a variety of foods still.

My stomach is bloated still. If I keep my diet healthy, and my stomach doesn't go down (it feels like a rock is inside) then I'll need to see a doc. Probiotics, simmering water with cut up ginger... and other certain foods seem to help lessen that rock feeling

At open enrollment, I will not accept anything so I am not chained to any particular thing like Kaiser. By the time they've referred you out multiple times...and dinged you all of these co-pays it can take forever to finally get diagnosed. It would

Around Nov is open enrollment so I'll choose Blue Cross so my Indian Clinic can accept it and refer me out as needed.

If the blood returns, I will just pay myself to see a Gynocologist. An ultrasound as mentioned here sounds like a great idea if this continues. Thanks again everyone

Old 06-29-2017, 12:29 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,763,472 times
I would go to the gynecologist now. Bloating can be nothing serious (e.g., not digesting things as well as you used to due to age) or it can be a sign of something more serious. The bloating coupled with the abnormal bleeding (for 4-6 weeks) is something that I think you should check on ASAP with a gynecologist (not a NP or general practitioner). I'm willing to bet once you go, the gynecologist will schedule a sonogram. Even if the bleeding has stopped for now, I don't think you should wait since this has been going on for a while. The vomiting blood could be unrelated (maybe an ulcer??) but I'd start with the gynecologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.