Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times

Advertisements

Now I'm crying--crying because you guys make me feel good about myself---something I think caregivers question a lot! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 09:26 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
I am sending your DH good thoughts to help him with the cramping. (I know Red gets terrible cramps.....he mentions quinine helps. I don't know if that is a pill or quinine water, like goes in gin and tonic.)

When I get cramps I think eating more bananas helps......but I don't know if the potassium in bananas really has any properties to help cramps.

PS: You deserve to feel good about yourself each and everyday......even if you screw something up.....you still deserve to feel good about yourself.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 AM

Thank you elston. I really do try to remind myself that I do my best but I think the wear and tear gets us all down sometimes and then we question ourselves.
The cramping DH gets is from muscles dieing.....when he tries to chew his food often times he will get these horrific muscle cramps in his neck and it is from his muscles trying to fight what is happening. His body is trying so hard not to give in to this disease but it takes it's toll.......

Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,023,456 times
Sending good thoughts to you today Cyn

Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM

14,935 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends near and far! I don't know what my day would be like without all of you! I look so forward to reading here every day! Thank you!
DH is experiencing cramping in his neck and back now...very painful. I try to lightly rub them out which works for a short while. They gave him more medications to help with that but so far they aren't doing much. Maybe it just takes time?
Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Hopefully time will help.. something about breaking the cycle of cramps/pain, they tell me that's what the meds do- at least that's what they told me when I used to get terrible bouts of TMJ in my young and foolish days. Would a heating pad help some, I wonder, in addition to your rubbing his muscles?

Hope your day's a good one too.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 PM

I thought about a heating pad...might work so I will give it a try.
I've been trying so hard to list some items and my mind just will not stay on track..makes me so angry with myself. I have to work and for some reason I get side-tracked all day today. Now we have another Doctors appointment tomorrow to get DH fitted for a brace to help with his back and neck. They just called to tell us and this is very important...hopefully it will help. Just feeling a bit over-whelmed today. Lots to do and no energy or even the will to do much. I just have to do this....as my grandmother would always say..just do it!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:27 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
elston's right about the 'nanners. And when I used to get crampy, my heating pad was my best friend. Just be careful about the setting and that he doesn't accidentally overheat.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:58 PM

48,115 posts, read 21,996,081 times
I saw my radiologist yesterday.....he agrees that I am doing super well. He asked me if I thought I had regained my energy and functioning post radiation......I said about 80%. After some discussion he said he thought I was describing the side effects of the hormone therapy.....and that it would persist as long as I stayed on that treatment regimen. (That should be for the next 3 months......so maybe then I will fully regain my "strength".

My guy has been calling Japanese resorts.....planning that we will be able to travel by the spring.... We used to go to Japan every May.....a lovely time to visit. His mother and family are doing well. I look forward to seeing those dear people again. There is one relative.....(his cousin's wife) who is very ill with Pancreatic Cancer.....I hope that we get to see her while we are over there. She and I are the only non Japanese members of the immediate family....she is Russian.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 PM

I pray you will get to see them all this spring elston. You are about the most deserving person I know and if this would make you that happy then I pray it happens for you and your DP!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,258,704 times
I'm glad those plans are in the works, Elston. Good thoughts for DP's cousin's wife. I hope you get there, too, but that type of cancer is typically very nasty and quick.

ALso glad to hear your news.

Hi, cyn. I hope your day is a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving