Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 AM

48,115 posts, read 21,994,714 times

Advertisements

cyn I am keeping good thoughts going out for Ol Lady Taz......hoping that she can stay with you for awhile longer. Clearly you love one another......or she wouldn't have lived to such a ripe old age. We know that the other Old Lady Cat is waiting for her on the other side to make sure her passing is easy. But for now.....just love her up and let her have her time and space. God Bless You both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,301,760 times
It takes about an hour and a half in good weather. Not horrible but not next door either.
I don't know elston about my kitties ages..they are not from the same genes--they were all rescue cats and not in the best of health when I got them. I was very lucky to have an angel veterinarian who was also my dear friend so he helped me not only by charging me next to nothing but also to teaching me about a lot of my own cat health care tips. When this vet first started out he was in need of dog runs in his office so my x-DH and I went down and built them and only charged him for the material---from that time on he did the same for me when caring for my animals. He never charged me except for the medications. He was an amazing person really. He actually loved animals. He would help the elderly people who could not afford to take their pets to the regular vet by accepting a loaf of bread or fresh picked veggies/fruit from their gardens. He belonged in a different time era really. The other local vets got angry because he was always so busy and decided to get him out...it's a long sad story but they managed to succeed even though we worked so hard to rally behind him--I even wrote a letter to our governor. Sadly the other vets did not get any more business because those people could not afford their prices so instead their pets suffered and so did the owners--all because of money! My friend vet passed away a few years ago still doing mostly ranch vet work--his love was horses. I miss him terribly but I know he is watching over me and often times when I am not sure what I should do regarding my critters I know he gives me help. Maybe that is one of the reasons my pets seem to live such long lives. Again I am blessed!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:47 PM

poor me poor me. I worked hard baking and crumbling my breads and biscuits for my stuffing and had them on a cookie sheet in the oven to dry out nicely. I forgot about them and turned the oven on to preheat at 450 degrees and burned all my stuffing bread up. So tomorrow ..... back to the drawing boards....but I might not make the buttermilk biscuits again.

I was trying to do too many things at once.....oven fry egg plant for parmigian for supper.....at the same time I was doing the stuffin bread....and prepare some Italian sausage for DP who doesn't really like eggplant as the main course.....and do up some dishes and load and start the dishwasher. Oh my! Poor me. The hurrieder I go the behinder I get.
!

Old 11-25-2013, 05:38 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
poor me poor me. I worked hard baking and crumbling my breads and biscuits for my stuffing and had them on a cookie sheet in the oven to dry out nicely. I forgot about them and turned the oven on to preheat at 450 degrees and burned all my stuffing bread up. So tomorrow ..... back to the drawing boards....but I might not make the buttermilk biscuits again.

I was trying to do too many things at once.....oven fry egg plant for parmigian for supper.....at the same time I was doing the stuffin bread....and prepare some Italian sausage for DP who doesn't really like eggplant as the main course.....and do up some dishes and load and start the dishwasher. Oh my! Poor me. The hurrieder I go the behinder I get.
!

I hear you. Spent much of my life multi-tasking, and think I can do it forever. Unfortunately, I'm getting too dang old not to forget one or more of those tasks I was trying to do all at one time, so I get into the same boat you describe too often.

Guess there is always the Stove-Top stuffing if you run out of time to make the stuffing from scratch, or is that insulting the cook?

Thanksgiving is going to be easy for us this year- better be because I am having cataract surgery on my left eye tomorrow. Had the right one done about 5 weeks ago, and got such good results my left eye is insanely jealous. So I took the opening for tomorrow when the doc offered it to me- before I chicken out again. It's no big deal, and I'll be good to go by Thursday, but I informed my DH and our DD who lives with us that THEY will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:51 PM

Ahhhh Elston--I agree "poor you"! I'd throw it all away and not even care to start over--you are so determined! I am so so so sorry elston. Not sure how you have the patience to even consider doing it again. Oh well, You will laugh about it someday--really! I renenber the day our turkey went sliding across our floor as it fewl out of the oven (not really flying but a nice butter slide) luckily I kept my floors spotless in those days so it was easy clean up--if it happened today here we'd have one harry turkey!

Old 11-25-2013, 09:14 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,995 times
TY, for sharing the vet story with us, Cyn, I sure enjoyed reading it.. Wow, he sounded like a awesome vet. Glad he is still with you in spirit.

Elston, you did amazing work. I can't multi task at all, you far exceeded anything I could ever do.
My first time preparing my first turkey, we had guests for dinner and my husband found all the gizzards and liver in a bag left in turkey, we laughed about it for years.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:37 AM

Good morning friends!
Not a lot to say today--very worried about Old Lady Taz kitty.
Also DH was coughing a lot last night so that has me concerned. Just a lot on my mind already today. It's raining quite hard and we're suppose to get some ice mix with it. I have to go to my doctor appointment this morning and am not really looking forward to going out in this weather but at least the doctor is in the town near us so it won't be to bad.
Hope everyone has a good day......

Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 AM

Good Morning and hang in there cyn.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:00 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,257,904 times
May the doctor give you nothing but good news, Cyn. Hugs!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 AM

819 posts, read 1,591,966 times
It is rainey and cold here in GA. Just took 3 pans of cornbread out of the oven for my dressing. I make a huge batch and use one for Thanksgiving, freeze the other one and I'm ready for Christmas. Takes a couple of days to make but it is delicious. Also, gonna do the deviled eggs today and will make the rest tomorrow. Then on Thursday, most of the cooking will be done except for the giblet gravy! Will cook the turkey breast on low on Wed night.

Hope everyone here has a great Thanksgiving in spite of the weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving