Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times

Advertisements

Good morning all! Yes I was pleased DH's son and wife stopped by. It was a good thing. I think it made my DH's day!
Have a nice Saturday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 06:49 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,326,775 times
I'm so glad they came!

Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,860,246 times
Im glad also they stopped in!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2013, 10:46 AM

14,959 posts, read 12,170,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning all! Yes I was pleased DH's son and wife stopped by. It was a good thing. I think it made my DH's day!
Have a nice Saturday!
So happy to hear that they came to visit you and your DH. I'm sure it made your day too! I'll add my hopes to the others that they realize how much those visits mean to you and your DH, and will make those visits frequently.

And I'm also so glad that the weather held out long enough for you and DH to spend Thanksgiving day with your kids and grandkids.

Hope your today is a good one too.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:50 AM

14,959 posts, read 12,170,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are correct elston--still I had to catch my breath after reading Dougs post....just was not expecting to read that. I have come to learn I can endure much more then I would have ever thought but it still hurts....and I have also learned a lot about not taking things for granted and treasuring time with my DH. But I still and probably always will have a very sensitive side that hurts so badly when I see or read something like what Doug shared even though it really is a time for celebration for them I still know Doug is hurting and that hurts me. But we will get up and continue on and hopefully learn......
It's a lesson to all of us, I think. Look for those little precious things in the moment, and treasure them. Because regardless of one's situation, the present is all we can be sure of....

((((Cyn and DH)))))

Old 11-30-2013, 01:22 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,219,574 times
Default I learn from all of you here and I feel grateful that you share and I learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It's a lesson to all of us, I think. Look for those little precious things in the moment, and treasure them. Because regardless of one's situation, the present is all we can be sure of....

((((Cyn and DH)))))
That quote of yours Travel blew me away. This is going to be my constant reminder. Thank you for sharing such powerful words.

Cyn, I was glad to read your husband's son and his wife stopped by to see you both.

I hope everyone had a enjoyable Thanksgiving. I spent mine alone, ate a bag of Cheetos for dinner and later fixed a chicken sandwich around midnight. It worked for me!!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
That's what counts, smilin'...whatever works.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

((((Cyn and DH)))))
This says a lot--thank you and I will always think about this!

Old 12-01-2013, 06:21 AM

Good morning everyone!
Yesterday we went out an bought a new office chair for DH--I really had such high hopes it would make him have less pain in his back and neck but once we got it home he doesn't like it! He tried it at the store so I was thrilled we finally found something that might work. We got it home and now he doesn't like it and we drove to the city to purchase it. I got a little put out and that really hurt his feelings. Now I feel so bad.....if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it--it's a chair and we can always use another chair and it was for a great price on sale! The cats love chairs! smile. I just wish we could find him the perfect office chair but honestly I do not think anything will feel good the way his body is now. I keep praying.....
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 12-01-2013, 06:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
That's the best thing you can do, cyn...keep on tryin'. Sorry the chair didn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving