Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 01:34 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times

Advertisements

With 30 pages the Molly thread is getting so long I'm having trouble following it. Trying to find answers to posts among too many pages and posts. Maybe GOE can start a new thread to keep us updated on Molly.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:31 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,291 times
Kitty, I don't know. Everything ties in together and I would hate to think that people would have to go back and forth between 2 threads. Why are you having such a hard time finding answers? I really don't understand??? You have been keeping up, and in fact, you have been one of the more consistent posters. Why do you need to go back and back pages and pages??

Old 12-18-2010, 09:10 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,825,930 times
The C-D "system" has begun doing strange things with threads that go on for three pages or more. No longer do posts appear in logical sequence. You see that something's been added only to find the last message that was there the last time you checked the thread. Then, you have to scroll around a newly set up post list at the top of the page to find where the newest post(s) were placed.
People are more interested in what the latest on Molly is, not what her status was four homeopathic remedies ago - which is what they'd see on the 17th or so page on the thread. There are many persons who are lurking, and taking notes, without making themselves known. Not so many would be arriving at the subject for the first time, now that it's been in the forum for nearly three weeks. My opinion (which is only worth "so much") is that no harm would be done in starting afresh. All that'd need to be done is to include a link to the lengthy thread in the inaugural post, so that anybody interested could go there to get a full background story of the situation.
I think the point raised is valid, but I'll keep on following Molly's progress and sending thoughts + energy her and her family's way no matter where the updates appear.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:34 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,609,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
The C-D "system" has begun doing strange things with threads that go on for three pages or more. No longer do posts appear in logical sequence. You see that something's been added only to find the last message that was there the last time you checked the thread. Then, you have to scroll around a newly set up post list at the top of the page to find where the newest post(s) were placed.
People are more interested in what the latest on Molly is, not what her status was four homeopathic remedies ago - which is what they'd see on the 17th or so page on the thread. There are many persons who are lurking, and taking notes, without making themselves known. Not so many would be arriving at the subject for the first time, now that it's been in the forum for nearly three weeks. My opinion (which is only worth "so much") is that no harm would be done in starting afresh. All that'd need to be done is to include a link to the lengthy thread in the inaugural post, so that anybody interested could go there to get a full background story of the situation.
I think the point raised is valid, but I'll keep on following Molly's progress and sending thoughts + energy her and her family's way no matter where the updates appear.
Agreed. It matters not where it is but rather that Molly gets better!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:44 AM

Thank you for the feedback! I didn't realize that CD mixed up the posts in a thread. I will start a new thread to help you. OK? Thanks again, for the feedback, and especially to Kitty!!! (((HUGS)))

Old 12-19-2010, 11:13 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Thank you for the feedback! I didn't realize that CD mixed up the posts in a thread. I will start a new thread to help you. OK? Thanks again, for the feedback, and especially to Kitty!!! (((HUGS)))
Thank you for starting a new Molly thread.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Thank you for starting a new Molly thread.
You are more then welcome!!! Thank you, Kitty, for getting my attention about it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.