Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 09:12 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times

Advertisements

She has meowed!! Almost no sound came out, but she can she she wants. It just too her some time to get used to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 09:32 AM

216 posts, read 830,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
She has meowed!! Almost no sound came out, but she can she she wants. It just too her some time to get used to us.
Yeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!!

Old 12-25-2010, 11:02 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Default Making buscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
There are times when I would gladly trade my bigmouth cat for a silent versions (just kidding ). My two have worked out a routine for waking me up: one sits on my throat and purrs. The other gets as close to my ear as possible and lets loose with a demand.

Boy, are they training me or what!
Mine get on the bed and start making biscuits on the quilt and on myself. They knead away like I'm a big dough ball. Sleep is not possible. If I close the bedroom door I can hear two of them crying out in the hall.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:23 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Mine get on the bed and start making biscuits on the quilt and on myself. They knead away like I'm a big dough ball. Sleep is not possible. If I close the bedroom door I can hear two of them crying out in the hall.
=^..^= you need to relax. It's a free massage! At least they're not training you what their new feeding schedule is by jumping on your bladder @ 5am.

Merry Christmas all. Time to opening stockings.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:31 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
ha ha...

my room mate just complained about me again the other day.

she said her cat never meowed until she met me and I MADE him meow.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:52 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I recently adopted a kitty that does not talk at all. Iv' never known a mute cat before. How often does this happen?
Be glad. Our cat, Little. who we think is a little hard of hearing, Meows SO LOUD that he wakes us up in the middle of the night to demand attention (then he sleeps all day).. the brat.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,294,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I've heard that cats don't meow at each other but mine do. They do a lot of purr-meow mixed sounds when they play and sometimes Cooper will meow at Fritz out of the blue.
I had never thought about this topic before this thread, but I realized that for the most part, it's true: cats meow to people, not other cats. But one of ours, a feral cat that became a housecat at a year old, doesn't know that. Bunny wanders through the house, "Meow, meow. Meow, meow!" I'll answer her, but she walks right past me. "Meow. Meow," until she finds what she was looking for: another cat. Then she'll go up to the other cat, offer her ears to be licked, and be happy.

The other two cats know that cats don't meow to each other. They completely ignore poor Bunny's meows.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:38 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
I'd never thought about it but you're right, I've never heard my cats meow at each other. However my male cat does meow at the dogs, for both "Come play with me" and "OK, go away now.".

Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
One of my cats doesn't meow-he was feral and he makes a terrible screeching sound-I laugh now because it's his meow-I'm glad your cat meowed-
Attached Thumbnails
My cat does not meow.-mocha.jpg  

Old 01-07-2011, 04:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Jasper does not like the "sleep" function on the alarm. So, he meows constantly when it is going off, I hit it, for a few more minutes of sleep, and he is still so disturbed by the sound of the alarm, he continues to meow. Either that, or he thinks that I am supposed to get out of bed and do stuff...and it is part of his job to wake me up...He also talks alot when I come home from work, to discuss the things he did that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats