Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 05:14 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times

Advertisements

What scary predicaments have your cats survived? (BTW ***mine no longer go outside)

One got into my car...but I did not see him get in....later stopped at a gas station, he pops up from under the seat, happily meowing! Could have been so dangerous! He could have leapt out anywhere!

Another went missing for a week. I was sick with worry but he showed up with paint in his fur and tar on his feet, otherwise in great shape!

My cat got frightened and ran under a passing car, except he rolled and somehow missed the tires altogether. He was terrified, but nothing else.

My dad's cat somehow was on the roof when the Jeep was started, but not visible to dad. Poor cat clung onto the roof rack and rode several miles until other drivers, pointing to the roof, made dad pull over...was he surprised to see his baby up there!

How about the antics of your cat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 05:46 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
Had a cat get up into a car engine and go half way into the city before he jumped out. He hid for a day and then finally made his way home. Boy did he have tales to tell.

Had a persian swallow a threaded needle only to pass it completely in the litter box right before our eyes. No harm done at all. What are the chances of that?

Cat got blown away in tornado in Oklahoma City- we saw him mid air- but he made his way home.

Cat got into the back seat of DH's car. On the way to Atlanta airport, DH discovered him on the interstate and drove him home. He missed his flight.

It's a wonder any outdoors cat lives more than a few months. I will never stop telling people to keep their cats inside.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Mickey was lost for five days, he never went outside again. Some people saw our flyers, and brought him home.

Beau was lost for one night, he snuck out...and after that, any time I saw him EVEN looking at the door, I would yell at him.

I know many stories, that don't have a happy ending...so I won't go into those stories...

Now, this is a bizarre tale...My Mom let her cat out, a purebred Himalayan, declawed, fixed. She thought he would just hang in the yard...well, he went thru the fence, to the neighbors yard, then to the other neighbors house, behind that house...anyway...my Mom posted signs looking for him, no answers, with pictures around the neighborhood. About two months later, someone calls her, and asks if she found her cat, she told them "no"...and this person says that her neighbor has a cat that looks EXACTLY like him. So, my Mom goes to this person's house, and she opens the door, and my Mom sees her cat...and this woman says it is not her cat, and she is mistaken, and slams the door on my Mom...so, my Mom calls the police...anyway...Oscar had a chip in him, and it was determined that he was my Mom's cat...so, the woman has to return him...THEN...SHE WANTS THE REWARD MONEY!!!!! She steals/adopts/finds my Mom's cat, kept him in her home...KNEW he was lost and belonged to someone else...because believe me, the neighborhood was PASTED with his pictures, my Mom was heartbroken...So, she took my Mom to court, and the court ordered her to pay the reward money...is that the strangest, wierd story ever?????

Anyway, Oscar was back to his original home...my Mom had to pay the reward...for a cat, not really returned willingly, two months later...
http://catbreedswiki.com/images/cats/Himalayan3.jpg

Last edited by jasper12; 05-06-2011 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 05-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Ahh...the rest of the story, I called my Mom the woman did not want to retun the cat, because she felt like anyone who would let out a cat is a bad owner. She believed in indoor cats only. That is why she kept him. I always wondered if he was truly "lost" or if he had not been "saved" if he would have wandered back home on his own.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Needle? Tornado?? OMG you have lucky cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Had a cat get up into a car engine and go half way into the city before he jumped out. He hid for a day and then finally made his way home. Boy did he have tales to tell.

Had a persian swallow a threaded needle only to pass it completely in the litter box right before our eyes. No harm done at all. What are the chances of that?

Cat got blown away in tornado in Oklahoma City- we saw him mid air- but he made his way home.

Cat got into the back seat of DH's car. On the way to Atlanta airport, DH discovered him on the interstate and drove him home. He missed his flight.

It's a wonder any outdoors cat lives more than a few months. I will never stop telling people to keep their cats inside.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM

Well glad your mom got her kittie, but d*mn, that sounds really unfair about the reward. I can't believe she asked for it, much less a judge awarded it to her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Mickey was lost for five days, he never went outside again. Some people saw our flyers, and brought him home.

Beau was lost for one night, he snuck out...and after that, any time I saw him EVEN looking at the door, I would yell at him.

I know many stories, that don't have a happy ending...so I won't go into those stories...

Now, this is a bizarre tale...My Mom let her cat out, a purebred Himalayan, declawed, fixed. She thought he would just hang in the yard...well, he went thru the fence, to the neighbors yard, then to the other neighbors house, behind that house...anyway...my Mom posted signs looking for him, no answers, with pictures around the neighborhood. About two months later, someone calls her, and asks if she found her cat, she told them "no"...and this person says that her neighbor has a cat that looks EXACTLY like him. So, my Mom goes to this person's house, and she opens the door, and my Mom sees her cat...and this woman says it is not her cat, and she is mistaken, and slams the door on my Mom...so, my Mom calls the police...anyway...Oscar had a chip in him, and it was determined that he was my Mom's cat...so, the woman has to return him...THEN...SHE WANTS THE REWARD MONEY!!!!! She steals/adopts/finds my Mom's cat, kept him in her home...KNEW he was lost and belonged to someone else...because believe me, the neighborhood was PASTED with his pictures, my Mom was heartbroken...So, she took my Mom to court, and the court ordered her to pay the reward money...is that the strangest, wierd story ever?????

Anyway, Oscar was back to his original home...my Mom had to pay the reward...for a cat, not really returned willingly, two months later...
http://catbreedswiki.com/images/cats/Himalayan3.jpg

Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 PM

Yes, if you paste an amount of reward you will pay, that is almost like a binding contract. So, just in case, don't put an amount, just say, "reward".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats