Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:19 AM

410 posts, read 742,750 times

Advertisements

I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, although I enjoy both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Don't know how scientific this study was, but seems that people were polled and cat people are:

11% more likely to be introverts - I'm definitely on the introverted side.
17% more likely to have a graduate degree - I'm still working on my bachelor's degree.
25% to prefer George Harrison as their favorite Beatle (dog people like Paul) - I'm too young to have a favorite Beatle.
21% more likely to prefer ironic humor and puns (dog people like slapstick) - This is definitely true for my sense of humor.

So---we should pat ourselves on the back for being classy, deep, introspective types!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:21 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
You should pat yourself on the back for taking something that was clearly just meant for fun way too seriously. Good job!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I am learning not to waste time responding to posts that are literally a total waste of time.
My definition of 'fun' is a little more involved than posts like that. Want to take a ride in my G4? That is more fun.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 4,202 times
Red face Another Dog Owner

I read the original Reader's Digest article and it was true about me, the dog lover While I do like cats, this extrovert who likes slapstick comedy enjoys going on long walks and hikes with my puppies as well as watching them play at the dog park.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:19 PM

410 posts, read 742,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you. I am learning not to waste time responding to posts that are literally a total waste of time.
My definition of 'fun' is a little more involved than posts like that. Want to take a ride in my G4? That is more fun.
Not only did you read it, but you responded to the thread twice. You must be a slow learner.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:50 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Introvert-- used to be. Came out of my shell in college when I got my first cat of my own.
Grad degree-- yup
Beatles-- I like George, but can't seem to get Ringo out of my head.
Humor-- What's the cross between sarcasm and physical comedy?

End result... Probably a good thing that I have both a cat and a dog so I don't skew those "scientific results" too much.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:46 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
The criteria are huge generalizations, but they have some truth to them.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
This is a pretty accurate description of me although I take these surveys with a grain of salt becasue they are not exactly scientific.

I also like dogs and would have one if I could. Given a choice though, cats win hands down and tails up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats