Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 AM

500 posts, read 1,174,687 times

Advertisements

Here are my first 2 threads about this situation:

When confining a cat to re-train to use the litter box

at the end of my rope with the diarrhea

Once I stopped the steroids and the metronidozole and slowly transitioned her from the "good food" back to Purina Cat Chow and Friskies canned, the diarrhea got much better. Still not "normal", but much firmer than it had been. Yeah, I know, the "bad" food seems to be better for her. Go figure.

I've kept her on the Buspar, and while she seems less skittish, it doesn't seem to be continuously helping the litterbox issue. She did great for 2 weeks during/after the confinement, only had one accident, but slowly she's started back to every day.

My current roommate is moving out in 10 days, almost 6 months early, because her last straw was the cat pooping on her couch on the slipcover. Now, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to afford to eat, myself, much less spent all this money on this cat.

Once the roommate moves out, I'm going to try the confinement again and see if the combination of the confinement and the roommate/her stuff gone does anything. (The reason I'm waiting is because the best place for confinement is actually in the half bath, which is located in the roommate's bedroom.)

Having now lost 2 roommates and paying all of this extra money searching for solutions and dealing with the stress of never knowing if I'm going to walk in the house with a friend or boyfriend and see cat $@!% on the floor and a stench in the house...I'm just done, if it doesn't work. I love her so much, and I've had her longer than anything I've ever owned in my life, but it's all too much. If there is no solution that will work, I'm not going to continue letting her destroy my house, my finances, and my social life. She'll have to be put down.

Has anyone ever dealt with a pooping problem with no solution? What did you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats