Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 09:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

He did great. He has lost a lb since his last visit. He had to have his anal glands expressed. Got his rabies and distemper and we will probably bring him back in a month for a dental cleaning. His gums are not as inflamed as they were at his last visit.

The last vet we say was talking about pulling his teeth. This vet did not think he needed any teeth removed.

I did change vets for Kitty Katty. We have dealt with about three different vets in this office with having to take Buddie (office kitty) in several times. I met this most recent vet just by chance. She had some pain killer cream that she has for her own cat that she came in and put on Buddie.

She seemed very gentle, loving and caring towards the cat. When I scheduled KKs appointment, I made sure it was with her. She was the absolute best. She treated him as though he were her own cat. She did not just flip him over and here and there like some vets do.

I really appreciated her treatment of Kitty Katty today and that is who he will see from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 09:58 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,829,421 times
WHEW!!! I feared for the fang.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
WHEW!!! I feared for the fang.
I have been too! Oh she was so excited when she saw his teeth. I heard her in the other room when they were doing what must never be spoken of to his butt saying to some one... He has fangs!

=)

He is sitting here with me on my desk, so he is not upset with us anymore..... =)

Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,572,540 times
I am happy to hear that KK got a good report from his new doc. He has lost a pound!!! Way to go Kitty Katty. All that exertion from costume changes and his rigorous filming routine is paying off. I'm sure his little behind will feel better after THAT was done - but be warned - he may want to get it right in your face and show you it's all better now! Hubby took our Maynard in this morning and he is scheduled for a dental on Valentine's Day - bummer. He is on antibiotics starting today and they won't know if any teeth need to be pulled until they get in there. I am very relieved that it sounds like "the fang" will survive the cleaning process for KK. Sounds like you struck gold with your new vet - you can always tell the ones who really enjoy animals vs. the ones that robotically examine their patients and make a quick exit. Our clinic is a husband/wife team and I adore both of them. She in particular - does very well with our cats and she calls them moggies which I love (she's English!) and he does small animals but his specialty is big animals - cows and horses and pigs, etc. Very happy to have found them. Good Job, Sir Kitty Katty!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I am happy to hear that KK got a good report from his new doc. He has lost a pound!!! Way to go Kitty Katty. All that exertion from costume changes and his rigorous filming routine is paying off. I'm sure his little behind will feel better after THAT was done - but be warned - he may want to get it right in your face and show you it's all better now! Hubby took our Maynard in this morning and he is scheduled for a dental on Valentine's Day - bummer. He is on antibiotics starting today and they won't know if any teeth need to be pulled until they get in there. I am very relieved that it sounds like "the fang" will survive the cleaning process for KK. Sounds like you struck gold with your new vet - you can always tell the ones who really enjoy animals vs. the ones that robotically examine their patients and make a quick exit. Our clinic is a husband/wife team and I adore both of them. She in particular - does very well with our cats and she calls them moggies which I love (she's English!) and he does small animals but his specialty is big animals - cows and horses and pigs, etc. Very happy to have found them. Good Job, Sir Kitty Katty!!!
I told her, and I said it was not meant to offend, that she seemed like a cat lady, then I changed it to cat person. She says oh I take no offense to that, but I love my dog too!

Great vet, I already love her! KK seems very at ease with her, and I like that about her. She also asked how Buddie was doing, and I liked that too. We are not just a number, she knows who our other pets are even if they are not right there and she has only seen them once...

Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Just saw this "vet report" after I posted to the video link. So glad he is fine!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Just saw this "vet report" after I posted to the video link. So glad he is fine!
Thank you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats