Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 12:52 PM

970 posts, read 2,212,825 times

Advertisements

I forgot another people food story. I was making toast in the kitchen, and stepped out into the hallway to grab something. When I returned to the kitchen, Harley was on top of the counter attempting to extract the toast out of the toaster with her teeth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 03:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:

The training I've done: If he tries to get in my food while I eat, I
tap his nose gently until he backs off and waits.
Lol! I tried that. He "tapped" me back. With his claws out.
Then he bit me.
I swear, this cat is straight from the Seventh Circle of Hell, but if I don't keep him, nobody else will.
Looks like I'm stuck with him.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
I had to go away Saturday, so I gave him extra food, in case I didn't get back in time. When I returned, I found a whole potato in his dish, on top of the food. The potato was covered by all the take-out menus I had on the kitchen table. The menus were covered with sheets of newspaper and his water dish was emptied over the whole mess for good measure. He was burying his food so nobody would steal it. The entire thing was covered with crawling ants. Atta boy!
::sigh::

Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! I tried that. He "tapped" me back. With his claws out.
Then he bit me.
I swear, this cat is straight from the Seventh Circle of Hell, but if I don't keep him, nobody else will.
Looks like I'm stuck with him.
LOL!

When we try and nudge Nimbus out of the way, when he is lying sprawled in his "traffic control" position in front of the back door and we're trying to get out without stepping on him...he usually will wrap himself around a foot with teeth and claws.

Yesterday I had discovered a mat on his backside and managed to remove it, and later I was checking the back of his leg to make sure I got it all and he grabbed a hold of my hand (with his claws) and brought it up to his face like he was gonna bite me, then stopped, looked me right in the eye, and licked my thumb, then let go. I assume he was warning me to quit touching his back legs, which is not allowed.

As to food...my husband likes to give him Doritos. He doesn't dare let me catch him though, because I yell at him for it. We don't dare leave any kind of bread products out on the counter...he won't eat them, he will just demolish them all over the place. He likes to wreak destruction on any plastic bag full of "stuff" he can get his teeth on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats