Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,289 times

Advertisements

I have a 6yr old cat that very recently has developed an issue with eating Friskies can pate' type. she eats it fine but within 3-4hrs later she is giving it back. I have 2 other cats that also eat same food and have no problem with it. I have an appointment for her as this has been going on for about 7-10 days now. I'm not sure if its the food or not. hopefully I will get an answer today. I too was wondering if the formula had changed recently. after reading the various posts on this site, I can't help but wonder if the food is responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 09:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie4425 View Post
I have a 6yr old cat that very recently has developed an issue with eating Friskies can pate' type. she eats it fine but within 3-4hrs later she is giving it back. I have 2 other cats that also eat same food and have no problem with it. I have an appointment for her as this has been going on for about 7-10 days now. I'm not sure if its the food or not. hopefully I will get an answer today. I too was wondering if the formula had changed recently. after reading the various posts on this site, I can't help but wonder if the food is responsible.
If your other cats are keeping it down, it's a good bet it's not the food in general. But perhaps the cat in question has a certain sensitivity to an ingredient in the food, or Friskies has added/changed something that is affecting only her. Either way, you're doing the right thing getting her checked out. Best case scenario is she's fine & the Friskies just doesn't agree with her, so changing her food will probably fix the problem. Good luck, & hope she's ok.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,218 times
Something has happened within the last couple weeks... I've had cats for 25 years and this is the first time they have all united and stopped eating Friskies. I purchased some Fancy Feast and had little luck with that. Plus 3 of them started throwing up. I went to Whiska's and have had better luck. They are eating it but not all, leaving some behind. I just purchased 9 cases of Friskies and they're going back to the store. What the heck are they doing? Get the word out. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
They did change the appetizers. They're catching a lot of flack (with the usual and futile begging by customers that they "bring back" the original recipe) but they don't care.

Some cats are so picky, I can understand why people are annoyed.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:38 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,063,301 times
Fancy Feast seems to have a thousand varieties. They have classic and other varieties which I think are not as good.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:22 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
I used to buy Friskies a lot before I really educated myself on cat food. My two cats love it but on the rare occasion that they get it as a treat, they only get Poultry Platter because that's the only one that actually has turkey and not a turkey by-product as a first ingredient (though some of the other ingredients are by-products). And they like Poultry Platter the best anyway so win-win. As far as I know their Poultry Platter recipe has not changed.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:31 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Fancy Feast seems to have a thousand varieties. They have classic and other varieties which I think are not as good.
A lot of the other varieties with egg and cheese just seem silly to me, I never buy them. The classic pates are normally what I stick with. And some of the ones in the pouches feel so watery. It just seems like mostly broth or water and not a lot of food. I suppose it's okay for a snack but probably not very filling.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
A lot of the other varieties with egg and cheese just seem silly to me, I never buy them. The classic pates are normally what I stick with. And some of the ones in the pouches feel so watery. It just seems like mostly broth or water and not a lot of food. I suppose it's okay for a snack but probably not very filling.
A few years back I switched away from Friskies to Fancy Feast. Prior to that I tried a few of those flavors when they added the egg & cheese. At first my cats just ate around the cheese bits and left them, then quit eating any of it completely. I know some other folks who tried it, and their cats wouldn't eat it either.
If they did any market research or testing, they must have starved the test subjects first.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:36 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,769,802 times
This last year I switched Fiona over to Trader Joe's canned cat food; there are three flavours of the pate and Fiona seems to be thriving and very content.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,894 times
Default Cats won't eat Turkey and Cheese anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
My cats have happily eaten canned Friskies for years, pate version. The past month or so they are often leaving it in the dish and walking away. Since for some of the flavors neither cat will eat it (such as Mixed Grill and Turkey and Giblets) I figure it's the formula of the food rather than the cats. On the website it doesn't say anything about "new and improved" or something similar. Has anyone else's cats stopped eating Friskies recently? Has anyone heard they have changed their products? Thanks.
Something similar here I buy my Friskies for years at Costco for our two cats. For years they ate each 1/2 a can in the morning and dry food for the rest of the day Since my last two lots of cans they categorically refuse the Turkey and Cheese. I tried mixing it into another flavor they will eat anything else they can snif out and leave the turkey and cheese strips. I am 100% sure they changed something in the formula as cats are excellent to sense change. Otherwise why would two cats in two different bowls (one age 6 the other 10 one a main koon the other a normal short hair black and white) stop eating one flavor at the same time? Beats me... Frankly speaking never understood the "cheese" as cats really aren't into cheese unless trained to do so since kitten..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats