Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 09:23 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

It's very funny that this old thread is still alive. Just the other night, I tossed about a dozen cans of Friskies into the garbage can at my shop because not only would Mama Cat not eat it, but even Meowie Cat (the feral who stops by every couple of nights for a meal) would not touch it either ! And this is a Feral cat who is very hungry !

My son even made that comment, that even the most hungry cat in the world won't touch it ! Now, we only buy Fancy Feast (Lucky and Daisy are crazy about the Wild Salmon Primavera, and Mama Cat loves Sheba) , both in gravy. None of them like the pate', it has to have gravy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 07:46 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyduir View Post
My four cats only eat fancy feast chicken Florentine and in the last two weeks not one wants it. It was the gravy they adored and now I’m watching my poor cats shy away from it and to tell you the truth, the gravy sits on it differently and the meat is cut smaller. Wtf is going on??!! My poor cats want their old recipe!!
Part of the problem is that people think they are buying different brands when in reality most of these foods are made by a couple of very large corporations. I think fancy feast is made by Purina. Look at the ingredients and see what's in it. Is it meat-by-products? That could be anything from road kill to chicken feathers. Does the list of ingredients include about 20 things you have no idea how to pronounce?
I bought my cat a couple of cans of Friskies recently and she loved it. I almost always buy Authority because the ingredients look so much better but I didn't have time to run to petsmart that day and Friskies was at the supermarket. I'll look at it as giving her a treat for a couple of days, but she's going back to Authority which she also likes BTW.

Last edited by marino760; 07-15-2018 at 08:37 AM..

Old 07-15-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyduir View Post
My four cats only eat fancy feast chicken Florentine and in the last two weeks not one wants it. It was the gravy they adored and now I’m watching my poor cats shy away from it and to tell you the truth, the gravy sits on it differently and the meat is cut smaller. Wtf is going on??!! My poor cats want their old recipe!!

I always buy my cat food cans by the case, and I picked up a case of the Florentine Fancy Feast. I put some down, and Lucky and Daisy walked away from it, not touching a bite. I took back the remaining 23 cans and got a case of the Wild Salmon Primavera, and the ate it as if they hadn't eaten in months ! In fact, every time I put down some in their two bowls, pretty soon they are meowing and rubbing against me, looking up at me for a second helping !

I have found I have to occasionally change the food I get them as they seem to get bored with the same thing all the time, but so far they are crazy about this one.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:00 PM

369 posts, read 325,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
My cats have happily eaten canned Friskies for years, pate version. The past month or so they are often leaving it in the dish and walking away. Since for some of the flavors neither cat will eat it (such as Mixed Grill and Turkey and Giblets) I figure it's the formula of the food rather than the cats. On the website it doesn't say anything about "new and improved" or something similar. Has anyone else's cats stopped eating Friskies recently? Has anyone heard they have changed their products? Thanks.
Nothing different that I can taste.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
Nothing different that I can taste.

Do you prefer with gravy or not ?

Old 07-16-2018, 07:23 AM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It's very funny that this old thread is still alive. Just the other night, I tossed about a dozen cans of Friskies into the garbage can at my shop because not only would Mama Cat not eat it, but even Meowie Cat (the feral who stops by every couple of nights for a meal) would not touch it either ! And this is a Feral cat who is very hungry !
I'm having a similar issue. I (help) feed some stray cats who "live" in the house next door to where I work, and even some of those stray won't touch certain things. I just gave this one scraggly cat one of the single-serving things of "Crave" and it won't touch it. I'm also having a problem with RadCat lately. My cat, who actually likes the chicken, barfed it up nonetheless. She didn't used to. So I brought it in to work to see if the stray cats would eat it, and they won't touch it either.

Sometimes I think these companies come up with ideas for cat food or changes to current products, and don't even bother "taste-testing" it beforehand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats