Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 PM

2 posts, read 9,519 times

Advertisements

i live with my brother in law and my fiance. my fiance and i have six month old kitten staying in the house, along with my brother in laws dog. quite often we get into arguments because my brother in law really dislikes cats. he says they are selfish and useless animals that are really annoying. then he went on to talk about how wonderful his dog was. i stood up and told him i thought dogs were loyal and stupid animals. (no offence to any dog owners out there, but my bro in law got my back up!!) i told him you could be a piece of s*** to a dog and hed still come running back for more. i told him cats were a billion times smarter than dogs, cleaned themselves, burried their toilet so we dont have to clean up after them, and they still give us love and attention ) cats RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 06:46 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,197,268 times
I've had a cat and dog as a kid, and I've always had a cat as an adult. My wife and 3 kids now have one cat remaining of 3, and he's 15 years old and is a real member of the family. I treat him like one of the kids as he never listens to me, just like the other kids.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:21 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,074,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
I've had a cat and dog as a kid, and I've always had a cat as an adult. My wife and 3 kids now have one cat remaining of 3, and he's 15 years old and is a real member of the family. I treat him like one of the kids as he never listens to me, just like the other kids.
Kids and cats ( probably add the wife also ) don't listen = same thing....

Old 04-01-2008, 10:57 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
I'm a male, and I love cats. Always have. One of my first memories, I was probably about 3 years old, and my dad took me along to look at some horses he was thinking of buying. I quickly lost interest and wandered off to play with the horse seller's cats

I like dogs too, but cats are the best. As to why a lot of guys don't like them, the reasons that I tend to agree with are that they don't take orders well [too independent], and that the idea has mistakenly developed that guys who do like them are somehow 'effeminate.'

Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,613 times
Welcome to the club uggabugga!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:15 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
thanks, it's good to be here!

Old 05-02-2008, 02:58 AM

22 posts, read 40,148 times
I am a diehard cat lover, and yen I am
a boy.

I think it is a stupid "rule" that tries to
take MY FREEDOM to love a cat.

I have a web site that my frend runs for me
all about cats.

My brother and I have even produced a radio adventure show
called Felitron and Electrocat.
Kittypuss.org - Home of Felitron and Electrocat

I have a sweet kittypuss called Momo
and my brother has 2 cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
Alright,
I need my cat-lovers to unite! Tell me, why do guys not like cats? Why?
I know you male cat lovers are out there...show yourselves!

Be strong!

Tis more manly to be a cat liker than to be a cat hater. I say it's weak if you join them and dislike cats! Take that!! Must I always encounter men with this trait??

(Sighing dramatically)Tell me please, is there still hope? Say it isn't so....

Old 05-02-2008, 01:38 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Made it clear from the first day with the bf that the cat comes first and he's second. I LOVE MY BRAT CAT!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I have six cats and one wife.

I wouldn't want any more wives, but there's always room for another cat.
I know this post is several months old, but I couldn't resist.... I just had to give you a Rep point for this one! I think my boyfriend would agree with you (as I'm sitting here trying to type with a cat while holding one of my cats who is in a very cuddly mood at the moment).

pnc

Old 05-02-2008, 07:02 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,613 times
I love this thread, thanks for resurecting it cause I think it's got a lot of great people on here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats