Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 07:20 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
There are no bad pets, only bad owners...
Exactly. As you said, no supervision of the toddler when it's around the cat. That's a recipe for trouble.

And then the dad kicks the cat. Of course the cat is going to freak out. Even the most mellow cat has its limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsmylove View Post
I would ban the family from having pets to begin with as they fed dry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:44 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,987,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleynbongo View Post
My girlfriends cat bit my son not to long ago. My son was just crouched down and looking at him, he was fascinated by the "meow" (that's what he calls the cat) and boom...there was a grab by the cat, and a bite on the arm. Then he took off running. My son just looked up at me as if to say "what just happened". He was confused, but I chose not to make a big deal in front of my son in fear he'd freak out and be afraid.
This is very unusual behavior for a cat. What did you son do to the cat before that happened?

Quote:
I dealt with the cat my own way, and gave it a piece of it's own medicine. Bite my son for no reason, I'll retaliate.
Are you for real? The cat would have no way to know why you're doing something negative and possibly harmful (hit, slapped, kicked) to it.

Quote:
I've never had such satisfaction getting even with that devil, as I did the look on it's face from coming out of the dryer after being tumbled around for a few minutes.

I agree, they shouldn't have called 911. IT IS A CAT...NOT A MURDERER!
Do you realize what you did can get you arrested for cruelty? Tumbling a cat in a dryer? He would have no concept your cruel mindless act was related to what happened with your child. Please, do yourself and the cat a favor and re-home it before you kill it.

This is a classic example why I refused to sell my mini poodles to, or allow anyone with small children adopt one of the cats or dogs I fostered in the past.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:47 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
^Don't feed the trolls, no matter how tempting.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartleynbongo View Post
I'll happily do it again, AND post pics if you'd like. I hate this cat with a passion. It thinks it owns the house. BS, I OWN the house!
If you hate it so much why not talk to her about not bringing it over to your house, or finding it a new home. She can leave it at home when she visits you. Torturing it is not going to change anything. And if she watched you torture her cat and did nothing, then she's as sociopathic and heartless as as you are.

Heaven help the child who sees it's father torture a pet.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
^Don't feed the trolls, no matter how tempting.

It's a waste of forum resources, not to mention your valuable time.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post

It's a waste of forum resources, not to mention your valuable time.
Sorry, couldn't help myself from tossing it a spoonful or two.....

Old 03-19-2014, 10:24 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Sorry, couldn't help myself from tossing it a spoonful or two.....
Yeah, I know. It's hard to resist.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:00 PM

114 posts, read 192,266 times
Personally I think this thread should be closed as its got too much bad vibes coming from it.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 AM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
The baby pulled the cat's tail. Cats and young children are not a good fit - period. After the cat responded to the tail pulling in a cat appropriate manner by scratching and lashing out - dad kicked the cat in the arse - which no doubt hurt, scared it even more, and really pissed him off. If I were the cat - I think I would have responded in a likewise manner - and now the cat is the one who needs therapy? I'm going to guess this is not the first time the kid has abused the cat - and the cat was defending himself. In the end - the cat will be the one to pay the price for all this - either rehomed which may be best for the cat - or put down - which will absolutely be wrong. Two grown "adults" aren't able to cope with a cat that they have lived with and consider a pet - and have to barricade themselves behind a door and call 911? They have no business having a pet - and I now wonder about their parenting skills as well.
I knew it! I fricken knew it! I have not read a single story on this, but I have seen headlines on the news. I have it on mute so I have never heard the story. All I knew was that some cat was "holding hostage" some humans.

The very first thing I said was, "They did something to that cat. No cat acts like that unless someone did something to it."

They should not get that cat back.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:13 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,062,587 times
Animal shelter returns Lux the 911 cat to owners | kgw.com Portland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats