Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 08:02 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times

Advertisements

If any of you have been reading my posts about cats you know that we have a new kitten. You can see his picture in my photo album.

I am SO enjoying his exuberance for life. I have not had a kitten in my life for many years. He has been doing so many things that I love to watch but the funniest thing has happened the last two days.

For some reason my stomach has been a little upset and I have not felt like eating. WELL this has caused my stomach to growl like you CAN'T believe. Since he MUST sit on my chest or shoulder to relax or sleep, he hears my stomach growl. The first time this happened, he ran from me and stood to the side of the bed and got his ridge of hair up and puffed up his tail. My stomach was growling so loud my daughter could hear it. Each time he would do the same thing. It was hysterical to watch.

We have a couple other cats which he is learning to get along with and doing rather well. He has formed a wonderful relationship with my Salem, Salem bathes him and plays with him really well. Lacey who is the black and white tuxedo in my photo album, has started playing with him as well. I'm sort of surprised because Lacey is a little skittish. Willow is still affraid of him. Tumnus has gotten to the point where he will let him sleep with him in the same bed which is sweet.

I love to watch him sleep, he has dreams and growls and kicks his feet a little.

My dog whose name is Cinders, she is 14 years old. She has always lived around cats so they don't worry her any. Henry the kitten stalks Cinders and pretends to attack her. All he does is run out at her and bounce sideways at Cinders. She just looks at him like he is nuts and he runs away.

I know when I am stressed, having this little man come and lay on my shoulder or on my chest and purr, just calms me right down.
I am so thankful we got him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:49 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Henry's reaction to your stomach growling is a hoot! Cats are such a trip ...

Your Lacey looks a lot like my Cookie, with the black nose and white snout. Cookie is very feminine and demure, and doesn't care for rough and tumble games like her brother does.

And Tumnus is just the cutest thing! How's he adjusting to losing Rufus?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:11 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
The joys of a kitten in the house! LUCKY YOU!!! The only thing I can think of better than having a kitten in the house is have TWO of them!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Henry's reaction to your stomach growling is a hoot! Cats are such a trip ...

Your Lacey looks a lot like my Cookie, with the black nose and white snout. Cookie is very feminine and demure, and doesn't care for rough and tumble games like her brother does.

And Tumnus is just the cutest thing! How's he adjusting to losing Rufus?
Tumnus is a rather solitary cat now. I do my best to give him alot of time but he still is on his own. He used to hang out with Rufus alot and it breaks my heart that they lost one another. Tumnus got bounced around before coming to us so at least he has a forever home now. I have been working with Tumnus and Henry in the hopes that they will bond. So far its going well. In the beginning Tumnus would hiss at him, now they will lay together in a small bed which is always sweet to see two cats sleeping together.

Tumnus has NOT adjusted well to the two girls that have come to live with us. He is overbearing with them and they are not appreciative of his attitude. He was declawed in the back and front by his first owner but he doesn't seem to realize it since he loves to start fights with the girls. One of them give him a notch on his ear. We have been trying to keep them apart as a result of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats