Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:54 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,437,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Meow Ma View Post
OMG, I just tried yet another kitty litter and I ended up throwing it out because of the bad odor from the litter itself! I have tried all liters suggested above (and a few more), but I am still not satisfied. I guess the perfect litter just doesn't exist yet. :-(
Just a suggestion...but when you find a litter you dislike (or even pet foods your animals won't eat) why throw it out? Better yet...donate it to the many shelters that are around town. They'd be thrilled to have it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:18 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,136,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
I vote for Arm and Hammer too. Best odor control, and minimal dust.....Tidy Cats was WORST for dust in this house! It had decent odor control, but no where near as good as A&H.
We've been satisfied with Tidy Cat, but I was curious about the Arm & Hammer, thinking I might try it. Where is it sold? I prefer not buying stuff from a pet store, since it tends to be more expensive.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM

53 posts, read 322,919 times
I'd love to try the Breeze. But one of mine has loose stool often. I hear it could get messy for those kitties. I am testing Feline Pine clumps this week. It controls for odor well, but tracks real bad. Search continues...

Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 PM

Excellent suggestion Shelbygirl1!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:10 PM

ShelbyGirl1--I am curious as to how the Breeze system handles poop odor. I liked pine pellets for their superior ability to absorb urine odor, but they weren't good for poop odor because my cats don't cover well after use. Any information on this? Thanks!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:12 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,021,164 times
We have 3 cats and use World's Best Cat Litter - really, that's the name. It's made from corn and is pretty dust-free. It doesn't smell like a typical litter, and as long as you scoop daily, it controls odor very well.

There are also automatic flushing litter pans - the Cat Genie is one, there's another too, but the name escapes me. I've been debating getting one, but the reviews seem to be mixed, so I guess I'll wait before I blow $300.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:46 PM

29 posts, read 101,307 times
I have tried different kinds of litter. I prefer more cost efficient old fashioned stuff but since I am not the one who has to poop in it lol...I went with a more expensive brand. My cats and I have to agree like Arm and Hammer litter. The smell is better, less odor for all of us, has a low dust content and clumps very well.

I was running a tad on broke side one month and decided to try a different clumping brand to see if it was ok....Well let me tell yah the opinion of the cats....one of them got on top of the big box and pee'd inside it. Had to throw out the whole box...and no the kitty box was not dirty....So conclusion I only use the Arm and Hammer Litter lol

Old 07-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
ShelbyGirl1--I am curious as to how the Breeze system handles poop odor. I liked pine pellets for their superior ability to absorb urine odor, but they weren't good for poop odor because my cats don't cover well after use. Any information on this? Thanks!
Sorry it has taken me so long to ans..... We have been away.
I use both LitterMaids with Tidy Cat and the Breeze systems. All 5 () of mine use both types of boxes...but I actually see them leaning towards the Breeze boxes! I'm finding more and more in them as opposed to the LitterMaids! I'm really surprised, because, most of mine love to cover, cover and cover some more. With the Breeze..they can only cover so much. I try to empty the box as soon as I smell something waffting around the house....but I notice, if I don't...the solid waste seems to dry out with the pellets. But as far as smell goes, the Breeze doesn't help in any way. I can say...I smell no urine tho! The absolute best part about this system is the NO TRACKING! Love it!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM

Default FIVE cats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Sorry it has taken me so long to ans..... We have been away.
I use both LitterMaids with Tidy Cat and the Breeze systems. All 5 () of mine use both types of boxes...but I actually see them leaning towards the Breeze boxes! I'm finding more and more in them as opposed to the LitterMaids! I'm really surprised, because, most of mine love to cover, cover and cover some more. With the Breeze..they can only cover so much. I try to empty the box as soon as I smell something waffting around the house....but I notice, if I don't...the solid waste seems to dry out with the pellets. But as far as smell goes, the Breeze doesn't help in any way. I can say...I smell no urine tho! The absolute best part about this system is the NO TRACKING! Love it!
Wow, you got five? I'm proud of ya! I have ONLY three and people seem to think of me as a crazy cat lady. Every now and then, I meet real inspirational people like you who make me feel normal.

PS: Thanks for the info on the Breeze.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Wow, you got five? I'm proud of ya! I have ONLY three and people seem to think of me as a crazy cat lady. Every now and then, I meet real inspirational people like you who make me feel normal.

PS: Thanks for the info on the Breeze.

LOL I know...I know...What can I say? I love animals! We started out with a rescue cat...then...he NEEDED a friend...feline companionship! Then I read about Ragdoll cats...and when my husband and I went to "just look", well...the rest was history. Ended coming home with TWO!...So that made 3....then Ragdolls are like potatoe chips...I went and bought another...up to 4...and then when my daughter was buying one of her breeding Munchkin kittens...they had a non-standard (long legged little girl) that I just fell in love with ! That breeder knew what she was doing...offered her to us for free and a "companion" kitten. So there ya have it... 5! Add my 2 Goldens to the mix and my Dyson goes into over time everyday!
And now....my daughter is about to breed her Munchkins again....and I'm thinking I might need a "shorty"! Hell....what's one more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats