Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times

Advertisements

Both- wet food in the morning- and kibble the rest of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:37 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,598 times
We let them graze on dry food all day and feed wet food every other day. How much wet food do you give your cats? We basically give one can to them every other day, so they each eat about half a can. Should we feed more?

The dry food we feed is Solid Gold protein--I think it's Indigo Moon brand.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 PM

42 posts, read 117,333 times
I am also wondering how much to give my cat.
He is a little over a year and weights 15 lbs. No he is not overwheight, it is a Maine Coon!!
I have been giving 1/4 can in the morning mixt w/dry food and dry food the rest of the day.

Should i not mixt it and give a little more wet food???

Steph

Old 09-12-2008, 12:26 AM

947 posts, read 3,409,221 times
No, don't mix! Give wet only 2xs a day is Best. Morning and night. I do Not give any dry food to my girls. Wet, quality canned foods is so much better for their bodies. And it is not good for them to graze all day. They get much more joy from eating when they have to wait for their food, then they are actually hungry and want to eat! Dry foods are for convenience.

Oh And I have Maine Coon mixes, 2 females. They hardly ever have hairballs, they are 6 years and in great health, shinny coats and all!!!

Steph, best to give 1 can am and pm.
Pet Promise is high up there, and soooo much better than many others. My kitties like it!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
No, don't mix! Give wet only 2xs a day is Best. Morning and night. I do Not give any dry food to my girls. Wet, quality canned foods is so much better for their bodies. And it is not good for them to graze all day. They get much more joy from eating when they have to wait for their food, then they are actually hungry and want to eat! Dry foods are for convenience.

Oh And I have Maine Coon mixes, 2 females. They hardly ever have hairballs, they are 6 years and in great health, shinny coats and all!!!

Steph, best to give 1 can am and pm.
Pet Promise is high up there, and soooo much better than many others. My kitties like it!
thanks! Gotta love those "Coons"!!
Do you give a whole can in morning and one in the evening??
Doesn't it come cheaper if you give both?
Pet Promise dry food seems to be pretty good quality too.

thanks again

Steph

Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
It is important that you read the ingredients on the label. Make sure it is as natural as possible....no by-products or by-product meal. Evo is supposed to be very healthy. When I can afford to, I buy Merrick brand for my cats and my dogs. You will be surprised when you read the label and open the can how natural the food is. It has fruit and vegetables in it. It's not cheap and it doesn't go as far as some of the other brands. I do notice that my dogs slim down to a nice weight when I feed it to them for any length of time.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:20 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Fancy Feast is all that The Empress Gracie will eat. She especially likes the new chicken & veggies kind that are almost 85 cents a (tiny) can & she eats three of those a day plus dry food (anti-hairball ) .
Mine too-Kalli- but only grilled variety plus a small amount of Royal dry food -lite.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:15 PM

947 posts, read 3,409,221 times
Steph, I give about One can in the morning and again in the evening... but in addition I give/ offer them food as mush as they will eat in a 30-45 min time period then pick it up right away...
I do not give dry food.
A few brands that I incorporate to diet are Halo, Wellness, Innova Evo... just a few but it is very true that you must do your "homework" and research lots of foods even get a few pet health books not vet book but Natural Pet Health books, I know of a fwe that would be good so let me know if you are interested!
Hope this helps!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Steph, I give about One can in the morning and again in the evening... but in addition I give/ offer them food as mush as they will eat in a 30-45 min time period then pick it up right away...
I do not give dry food.
A few brands that I incorporate to diet are Halo, Wellness, Innova Evo... just a few but it is very true that you must do your "homework" and research lots of foods even get a few pet health books not vet book but Natural Pet Health books, I know of a fwe that would be good so let me know if you are interested!
Hope this helps!!!
Thank you and to everyone that replied even if i did not start this tread!!!

I'll keep researching. Pet Promise is the best I found so far for quality-price value. I found a local(CT) place that carries natural ones, need to check it out!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:28 AM

134 posts, read 590,543 times
we give are cats iams cat food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats