Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They'll probably wind up being best buds! Glad to hear kitty is doing well. Didja name her yet?

She finally opened her eyes today. She looked a little scared when she saw my lab. Now, I can't sneek past her. When she sees me, she starts meowing. It's also gotten a lot louder. My 9 year old daughter named her Lucky. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but who can argue with that name. It's very appropriate I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
I love this thread! Each day I read your updates to see how little Lucky is doing! It really is heartwarming to hear how she is thriving in your care. Keep the updates coming and attach a pic! As for her name, she certainly is a lucky lady....double Ls, maybe you can nickname her "Elle" or "Ellie"!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 03:39 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Also enjoying the thread but now curious - do you know for sure that the kitten is a female? Only reason I ask is that sexing a newbie is very difficult. My rescues have generally been a couple of weeks older than yours and it took me a couple of weeks to finally determine that my latest, "Max," was indeed a girl... That said, the females of the species are true survivors so it's likely that she is a she. "Lucky" is a good generic handle. "Max" was named because I figured she could either be a Maxwell or a Maxine and that worked out fine too! Cheers and keep us posted!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:18 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,762 times
Considering this is a Calico I'd say it's a girl. It's quite rare for there to be male calico's. Here's a website that explains the genetics of it...Calico Kitten, Male Calico Cat and Other Genetic Mysteries of Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Also enjoying the thread but now curious - do you know for sure that the kitten is a female? Only reason I ask is that sexing a newbie is very difficult. My rescues have generally been a couple of weeks older than yours and it took me a couple of weeks to finally determine that my latest, "Max," was indeed a girl... That said, the females of the species are true survivors so it's likely that she is a she. "Lucky" is a good generic handle. "Max" was named because I figured she could either be a Maxwell or a Maxine and that worked out fine too! Cheers and keep us posted!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:20 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
OMG-I was never a cat person. 8 years ago we rescued a calico kitten 4-5 weeks old-caught in between 2 fences on our property. This is now my princess-I love her so much! Stick with her-they can be aloof but they still give back so much.
My calico, with 2 dogs, o my- she came from the mspca, the dogs, well
and we also had a bird, she was so good, a house cat, one dog
did decide ok, anyway her life was short. she had vets etc., she was
great. A Calico is a very nice friend! The Calico I had, did purr her heart out, they are always a girl!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeowo View Post
Considering this is a Calico I'd say it's a girl. It's quite rare for there to be male calico's. Here's a website that explains the genetics of it...Calico Kitten, Male Calico Cat and Other Genetic Mysteries of Color
My "oops!" Sorry, I missed that she was a calico!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:04 AM

378 posts, read 1,652,699 times
How is the new kitty?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
Thanks for asking. Everything's going well. We've had her for two weeks now, and everyone has grown attached to her. She's a little constipated, so we gave her some Karo syrup. Since her eyes are open now, she doesn't wobble in circles. She's actually walking better and follows us with her head as we walk by. She's also gets louder by the day, especially we we're stimulating her. We're going to Disney next weekend, so we are trying to find someone "kitten friendly" to watch her. The saga continues....

Old 10-09-2008, 06:32 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Thanks for asking. Everything's going well. We've had her for two weeks now, and everyone has grown attached to her. She's a little constipated, so we gave her some Karo syrup. Since her eyes are open now, she doesn't wobble in circles. She's actually walking better and follows us with her head as we walk by. She's also gets louder by the day, especially we we're stimulating her. We're going to Disney next weekend, so we are trying to find someone "kitten friendly" to watch her. The saga continues....
Congrats on the find, it sounds like you have a new family member! By chance, do you live anywhere near Little Havana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats