Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:56 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times

Advertisements

Congrats! How did little Chloe come into your lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,049,009 times
my husband brought her in. And him, not a cat person. lol

Old 12-18-2009, 11:04 AM

From a shelter, from being a stray outside? Did he find her and decide to keep her and give her to you for Christmas, or did he plan this and go to shelters looking for a new kitty for you to love?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:40 AM

actually, we'd been going to the shelter pretty frequently for about a year, meeting up with so many wonderful kitties that we really thought about, but for one reason or another, it just wasnt right. Came real close on one, but by the time we went back, someone else had picked her. (stunning white cat about 6yrs old and the greenest eyes youve ever seen) Chloe was one out of a few that someone had dumped off in a box at the local supply store. I had seen her and fell instantly in love. You know how sometimes, you just click? I was almost in tears with her, I dont know why (although she is beyond adorable) theres been others who'd Id have to admit, were as cute (ooch, that was hard!) and i'd had my heart set on a maine coon (ive had a please request in w/our local shelter, to call me when any MCs come in, thats what my wondeful Cricket was and Annika's Sasha, I am a huge fan of MCs...but none were ever just exactly what my heart yearned for) but she was just so very very right. So he finished up picking up supplies, and we went outside to check out their trees, and then he went and paid for her shots (that was the price for her, just the shots...) and bingobango, meet Chloe Cat the Christmas Kitten.
She really has fit in perfectly here. Even not so bad with Iggy. Thats gone better than I had thought. He's halfheartedly swatted at her a few times, not with much gusto or real intent, and he sits there and glares at her quite a bit. But the other part of the time, he just ignores her, or watches her with this befuddled look on his face. And she is just brimming with self confidence. lol She goes right up to him w/out any hesitation. I did have to rescue her once, Iggy was at his food bowl, and she came up behind him and was readying to pounce on his tail! So I scooped her up quickly and removed her to the other room with Iggy none the wiser. Her only real naughty is that she does want to chew on wires. So Im gonna go down and try to find some of that bitter spray or something to defer her from that. Its nice to have a normal kitty thats content to just lay in my lap in be loved on. (Iggy is currently in my lap as I type this, purring like a moterboat, drooling like crazy, and still sucking on my sweatshirt arm. Its pretty gross, ive now got these huge wetspots all over my sweatshirt. ugh! lol but whattya do? lol) My husband laughs at her, because he says she is the oddball out from all our other pets, who are all what we say ...special needs pets, in one way or another. My dog was a rescue cuz he was the runt noone wanted, his dog was our rescue cuz she was abnormally huge in her litter, nobody wanted her, the bird (who I still grumble WHY DID I DO THAT?!!? ) is our oldest rescue at 10yrs (he's quite mean really and even though his vocab is HUGE, he prefers to just scream most of the time...even the kitties studiously avoid him! lol) and of course, Iggy. Our indoor feral kitty who has an obsession with suckling... lol So far, Chloe seems pretty normal and Im sure most anyone would have snatched her right on up. Im just thankful it was us. really, for the first time since I lost my Cricket, I feel complete. And I know that Annika feels pretty close to the same. She loves Iggy of course, but he's never really warmed up to her and so since she lost her Sasha, shes happier. She has a kitty she can both play with and then cuddle with. They even took a nap together last weekend, all curled up in her bed. So cute.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:57 AM

What a sweet and wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it!

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-19-2009, 10:51 AM

Must you?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:02 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
God bless you and little Chloe. May you enjoy many happy years together.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:06 AM

1)Chloe and Annika taking a nap..2) snuggly kitty...3) Chloe finds the fishtank
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas came early...meet Chloe-img3826.jpg   Christmas came early...meet Chloe-img3889.jpg   Christmas came early...meet Chloe-img3895.jpg  

Old 12-20-2009, 01:49 PM

If you're trying to melt my heart, you're succeeding gloriously. Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 05:34 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
ya, shes a little spitfire, thats for sure!!! I was almost fooled by that sweet little face and innocent baby look....but her heart is all tiger, thats for sure! lol
I agree that once she's bigger, she'll hold her own. But she needs to be bigger than my husbands hand first. lol
Iggy is most definately NOT pleased with his new little sister. He does NOT think she is lovely or adorable. He would most surely like her to leave. Immediatly. lol We've been trying to go very slowly and about overload him on lovings. He's also been getting special treats, and we're trying to give him even more so immediatly after him seeing/smelling her. He's so funny though, right after seeing/smelling her, he will lay there and get pet/scratched in all his favorite spots, which he is literally drooling from and purring like a moterboat, but in that is these scattered growls and an occasional burst of a hiss. He just doesnt know which way to go!
Chloe is super speedy! She is the fastest kitten Ive ever seen! those short little legs can really book it! lol and my youngest is in bliss, because finally, here is a kitten that is content to snuggle with her. Once we wear her out that is. so its play like crazy, then cuddle with Anni and go fast asleep. too sweet
sounds like me when my brother came along ..... i am older by 2 years..... parents said i liked him a LOT until i figured out he was going to STAY......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
If you're trying to melt my heart, you're succeeding gloriously. Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!

oh, me TOO!!!!

and i just LOVE your stories...... i can see everything as it is happening........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats