Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

A beautiful stray has been hanging out in my yard the past couple weeks. No idea where s/he came from; it looks reasonably healthy. It's skittish - it lets me approach to within about 10 feet before it bolts. I'll see if I can take a picture - it has a fluffy, golden brown coat, with very faint stripes on its body and a more pronounced striped tail.

The two strays I'm used to seeing (sleeping on my front porch and tormenting Checkers, LOL) - black kitty and grey kitty - are AWOL. It was a hard winter; a better scenario would be if they found another neighborhood ... or even a shelter or home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
We all know the old story, an argument leading to someone having to sleep on the sofa. Well, Orion put a twist on it. For several days during the past week Orion would sleep on my bed but only if I wasn't in it. Normally he cuddles up next to me when I go to bed and complains if I'm late. The only time he doesn't is if I'm late changing the sheets. One evening he asked to get in my lap and he began sitting on the desk next to the computer. I was growing concerned and considering a visit to the vet when I discovered the problem....

My brother typically fills their dry food bowl but he's been feeling unwell the past several weeks. It never occurred to me that it might be empty. I feed the guys wet food every 12 hours so they're not hungry, and they don't eat much dry food but I think that is really beside the point in Orion's furry head. It's having it available that's important! I filled the bowl and that night and every night since he's been back sleeping next to me.

If he ever punishes me again the first thing I'll do is check the food bowl!

Old 06-02-2014, 11:01 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2 View Post
We all know the old story, an argument leading to someone having to sleep on the sofa. Well, Orion put a twist on it. For several days during the past week Orion would sleep on my bed but only if I wasn't in it. Normally he cuddles up next to me when I go to bed and complains if I'm late. The only time he doesn't is if I'm late changing the sheets. One evening he asked to get in my lap and he began sitting on the desk next to the computer. I was growing concerned and considering a visit to the vet when I discovered the problem....

My brother typically fills their dry food bowl but he's been feeling unwell the past several weeks. It never occurred to me that it might be empty. I feed the guys wet food every 12 hours so they're not hungry, and they don't eat much dry food but I think that is really beside the point in Orion's furry head. It's having it available that's important! I filled the bowl and that night and every night since he's been back sleeping next to me.

If he ever punishes me again the first thing I'll do is check the food bowl!
That'll teach ya.........

They do have their ways of keeping us humans in line.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:20 AM

Maybe it thinks it's a cat? LOL it's acting just like one...

The CUTEST Thing Happened In My Backyard, And I Caught It On Camera!! | PetFlow Blog - The most interesting news for pet parents around the world.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That'll teach ya.........

They do have their ways of keeping us humans in line.
HA! It happened AGAIN!!! Just last night, you'd think I'd learn, wouldn't you? Nope. Dumb human!! I told him I'd do better now!

Old 06-05-2014, 06:09 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
My brat got sick all over apt Sat night and then did some light clear vomiting today. UUUGGGHHHHHHH the end is coming near and I need a mental institution ASAP

Old 06-25-2014, 05:38 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
When oh when will I learn that when I get my cats a toy and they really, really like it, I should go right back and get a backup? Rest in peace, Miss Piggy the teaser attachment. You will be sorely missed by Dusty, and by me too I have to confess.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:01 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
I'm so excited and just wanted to share with my cat buddies...I start volunteering tomorrow for a local no kill shelter!! I'll be the one you see behind the glass at PetSmart with all the kitties! I'm also interested in their TNR program. I can't wait! I just hope my kitties don't get jealous when I get home and they smell me.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:18 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I'm so excited and just wanted to share with my cat buddies...I start volunteering tomorrow for a local no kill shelter!! I'll be the one you see behind the glass at PetSmart with all the kitties! I'm also interested in their TNR program. I can't wait! I just hope my kitties don't get jealous when I get home and they smell me.
I don't know... pretty awful job, but I guess someone has to do it.

Seriously-
And your probably going to love every minute of it.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:22 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
That is exciting! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats