Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 02:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxRiddle View Post
I'm not sure. I think he may just like the taste of green tea, because he will lap the tea if the cup gets left unattended, too, and both the tea itself and the ice cream are not attack-able. (And he is completely adverse to ANY other ice cream flavor, vanilla included.)

He does the barrel-rolls and face-rub-all-the-things when it comes to catnip. Not with the tea, though.

We went for a walkie today!

He's a beautiful boy.

But I'm sure you already know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 03:23 AM

5 posts, read 4,754 times
Oh, lawd. I am so excited to see this thread. I found my little man in a bush at 4 AM last November when I went to take out the trash. I noticed his head sticking out and I walked towards him. He walked right out to me, it was obvious he had been abandoned and when I went to the vet I found out why. He slept in my bathroom, curled deep inside my jacket for warmth after I filled his little belly with food and water. When the vet at Petsmart opened, we took him there and the vet told me he was very close to dying. He had worms and other issues and she gave me the choice of dropping nearly $600 on that kitten or letting it be euthanized. I looked into those little black eyes and whipped out my debit card and said 'Name him Bruce Wayne.'. That little ugly black kitten I found, who didn't make a single sound, is now a big, beautiful black cat with more personality than brains! He's so hyper and wild and even though he still can't meow, he chirps at me! I couldn't ask for a greater gift.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:04 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,429,508 times
Here's a twist-cats decorating a tree. Someone was apparently flipping the mouse around and it stuck.

Last edited by subject2change; 06-13-2019 at 06:15 AM..

Old 12-05-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaLeilani View Post
Oh, lawd. I am so excited to see this thread. I found my little man in a bush at 4 AM last November when I went to take out the trash. I noticed his head sticking out and I walked towards him. He walked right out to me, it was obvious he had been abandoned and when I went to the vet I found out why. He slept in my bathroom, curled deep inside my jacket for warmth after I filled his little belly with food and water. When the vet at Petsmart opened, we took him there and the vet told me he was very close to dying. He had worms and other issues and she gave me the choice of dropping nearly $600 on that kitten or letting it be euthanized. I looked into those little black eyes and whipped out my debit card and said 'Name him Bruce Wayne.'. That little ugly black kitten I found, who didn't make a single sound, is now a big, beautiful black cat with more personality than brains! He's so hyper and wild and even though he still can't meow, he chirps at me! I couldn't ask for a greater gift.
That's proof-positive that Bruce Wayne knew exactly what he was doing when he picked you to be his forever human.
As you probably know by now, cats are the epitome of 'a gift that keeps on giving'.
Hope you have many, many good years together.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Here's a twist-cats decorating a tree. Someone was apparently flipping the mouse around and it stuck.
The start of a new family tradition perhaps? Now you'll have to include a scruffy old mouse, or chewed up sparkle ball in your Christmas tree decorations so everyone is represented.

No... wait... maybe that's not such a good idea.

Never mind.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:06 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
I somehow highly resisted against my steering wheel driving towards the animal shelter..UGH

Old 12-16-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I somehow highly resisted against my steering wheel driving towards the animal shelter..UGH
Your heart will override your brain when the time is right.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:35 AM

12,045 posts, read 8,429,550 times
My two girls of barn cat descent are well into middle age now. Like their forefathers they are avid hunters. But the weather has been cold, damp and wet lately so wild game is scarce and the weather is inhospitable.

This presents a problem for them as they, as do so many indoor-outdoor cats, like to pay for their room and board now and then. They have solved this problem by observing what things appear to have special importance to us, searching for them and leaving them in a spot where we will notice.

Every morning our newspaper comes in a plastic bag with a rubber band around it. And DH, being one of those persons who has trouble throwing anything away, saves the rubber bands. How the cats noticed this I do not know but it's obvious that they don't miss much.

So when they think the food dishes are getting a little low they will often place a rubber band in one of the dishes. I just found one this morning.

DH is the one who buys the large bags of cat food, stores them in the garage and brings in a fair amount to store in a container on the landing of the basement stairs. So the obvious gift for filling the bowls would be something that he "likes."

Now here's the puzzle: The cup where DH puts the rubber bands is on top of the refrigerator and neither of the cats could get up there without jumping onto the stove, something I've never seen a cat be willing to do. So where do they find them?

Are they taking them off the neighbor's newspapers? It's a mystery. Makes me laugh.

Besides the usual small wildlife I have been gifted with a roll of toilet paper (while sitting in the bathroom!) and some plastic Mardi Gras beads. So they know what I like.

One summer it was a raid on the neighbor's garden gloves, one a day, until I had two full pair. Then another neighbor's dachshund's outdoor toys. Regular little thieves they were that summer. Kept me busy returning things.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:15 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
I have a feeling that this will be the year that brat cat goes to the rainbow bridge and I think it's going to be soon. FML

Old 01-01-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have a feeling that this will be the year that brat cat goes to the rainbow bridge and I think it's going to be soon. FML
Sorry to hear that, and I understand how you're feeling. I too have a senior cat who's remaining time is limited, and I'm trying to make the most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats