Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 02:42 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I've got a vet visit coming up on Friday with the kitten. She has fit into the household so well. She is still a terror with the senior cats, she just won't quit. I took one of the seniors in for his annual last week and the vet asked if he had any problems. I said no, other than the kitten relentlessly chasing him. The vet smiled and said kittens can be a good thing for older cats, giving them new life. I have a feeling if my cats could talk they would argue that point.
How old is the kitten now? Your seniors probably won't do anything to discipline/teach/train her until she's older & big enough to handle a smack or 2. All our older cats were very tolerant of new kittens we took on, and usually wouldn't lay a paw on them until they at least 6 months old or so. It's also possible your seniors are enjoying the chase almost as much as the kitten, even though they may not show it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 05:35 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Love Amazon Prime cat food delivery. Every 30 days, a case of Fancy Feast and a bag of Royal Canin. You get a discount for auto delivery.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:33 AM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
This morning, as per usual, Nimbus woke me up wanting his breakfast just before 5AM (he'd actually been kind of trying for over an hour)...I fed him and went back to bed. Then what seemed like only minutes later, he was pawing at my feet again. I was annoyed with him, and scooped him up, dumped him out in the hall and shut the door in his face.

Went back to bed...and then before falling back asleep, it occurred to me to look at the time and I'd overslept by more than half an hour. Nimbus was actually kind of doing me a favor.

Feeling entirely guilty and apologetic, I went out into the house calling him. Of course he was shunning me by that point. Very "I see how it is." I had to get out the treats to change his mind...then we were cool.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
This morning, as per usual, Nimbus woke me up wanting his breakfast just before 5AM (he'd actually been kind of trying for over an hour)...I fed him and went back to bed. Then what seemed like only minutes later, he was pawing at my feet again. I was annoyed with him, and scooped him up, dumped him out in the hall and shut the door in his face.

Went back to bed...and then before falling back asleep, it occurred to me to look at the time and I'd overslept by more than half an hour. Nimbus was actually kind of doing me a favor.

Feeling entirely guilty and apologetic, I went out into the house calling him. Of course he was shunning me by that point. Very "I see how it is." I had to get out the treats to change his mind...then we were cool.
Yes indeed. We ignore what are cats are telling us at our peril. I've learned many times that they know what's going on better than I do.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Last night while I was playing on the computer in my bedroom I decided to give Lucky a treat and let him into my room for a change. Of course Chewy and then Daisy felt locked out, so I let all 3 of them come in. They had a ball exploring my room, and pretty soon I saw this moving lump under my bedspread, it was Daisy doing her usual under the covers routine.

After a while I had enough of them knocking stuff over and tearing up things, so I lured them out with some treats. This morning all 3 were again at my door, wanting to come in, and they are having a hard time figuring out why it was ok last night and not ok today.

Don

Old 01-31-2014, 12:21 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
This miserable cold broke this morning. 75F, bright sunshine, both furries are in their window seats soaking up rays:>)

Old 02-07-2014, 12:07 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
It's going to be a long couple hours. We took the cat to the vet for X-Rays because he has lost about a pound and a half since June (he is under 10 to begin with). They didn't tell us the results over the phone so don't know if that will be good or bad. Can't get him until 5:30 pm.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
It's going to be a long couple hours. We took the cat to the vet for X-Rays because he has lost about a pound and a half since June (he is under 10 to begin with). They didn't tell us the results over the phone so don't know if that will be good or bad. Can't get him until 5:30 pm.
Paws crossed for good results.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:17 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Any word yet, bs13690??

In the recent events of the Nimbus cat...

Had friends over a while back, was sitting in the basement chatting, had told them earlier in the evening that the cat would fuss at me if I stay up past my bedtime. Normally Nimbus is hidey cat when visitors are over, but sure enough at about 9:30-10:00 he comes creeping down the stairs, settles into a crouch and STARES fixedly at me. Everyone noticed and laughed.

Then the other night I come home just tired from work, decide (Friday night) to take a nap even though it's 5:30...and that I will just order pizza when I get up and not cook dinner that night, I was so tired. Of course Nimbus had things to say about that. Around 6:30 when I was not doing my normal thing of being in the kitchen cooking under the supervision of the cat from his cabinet top perch, he started softly complaining. "Mnnnhh. Mmmr? Mmmm..." and tapping me gently with his paws. I surrender and get up around 7, go to my computer to order pizza from the Dominos website, and he is still plaguing me, following me, staring at me, mewing at me, and tapping me occasionally when I don't pay attention. He does not chill out until the food arrives and his people are eating. Then he contentedly lay down next to my leg while I ate and closed his eyes. Apparently he needs must remind me not only when it's time to feed the cat, but if anyone else needs nourishment as well.

Then this morning, he pooped, and of course ran a few laps around the house. On his dash through the kitchen a bit must have stuck on his bum and fell off...he'd discovered it and was trying to bury it. But...ya know...linoleum. He gave me the most embarrassed and sorry look. But when I cleaned it up, he sat a few feet away, I looked up at him and he gave me blinky eyes. He loves me for cleaning up the poop that he couldn't bury. Aw.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Any word yet, bs13690??

In the recent events of the Nimbus cat...

Had friends over a while back, was sitting in the basement chatting, had told them earlier in the evening that the cat would fuss at me if I stay up past my bedtime. Normally Nimbus is hidey cat when visitors are over, but sure enough at about 9:30-10:00 he comes creeping down the stairs, settles into a crouch and STARES fixedly at me. Everyone noticed and laughed.

Then the other night I come home just tired from work, decide (Friday night) to take a nap even though it's 5:30...and that I will just order pizza when I get up and not cook dinner that night, I was so tired. Of course Nimbus had things to say about that. Around 6:30 when I was not doing my normal thing of being in the kitchen cooking under the supervision of the cat from his cabinet top perch, he started softly complaining. "Mnnnhh. Mmmr? Mmmm..." and tapping me gently with his paws. I surrender and get up around 7, go to my computer to order pizza from the Dominos website, and he is still plaguing me, following me, staring at me, mewing at me, and tapping me occasionally when I don't pay attention. He does not chill out until the food arrives and his people are eating. Then he contentedly lay down next to my leg while I ate and closed his eyes. Apparently he needs must remind me not only when it's time to feed the cat, but if anyone else needs nourishment as well.

Then this morning, he pooped, and of course ran a few laps around the house. On his dash through the kitchen a bit must have stuck on his bum and fell off...he'd discovered it and was trying to bury it. But...ya know...linoleum. He gave me the most embarrassed and sorry look. But when I cleaned it up, he sat a few feet away, I looked up at him and he gave me blinky eyes. He loves me for cleaning up the poop that he couldn't bury. Aw.
A very good testimonial to why cats are so wonderful, and why we love them. People who don't like, or live with a cat truly do not know what they're missing,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats