Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Then this morning, he pooped, and of course ran a few laps around the house. On his dash through the kitchen a bit must have stuck on his bum and fell off...he'd discovered it and was trying to bury it. But...ya know...linoleum. He gave me the most embarrassed and sorry look.
What a hoot!

I do wish we could have constant video cameras running to record these hysterical moments in Catdom. This morning, in a failed attempt to get me out of bed, Checkers curled himself up on my pillow and started batting at my neck. Simultaneously, Cookie stood with both forepaws on my hip. It wasn't all that hilarious at the time, but I'd surely loved to have seen a bird's-eye view of their performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
The cold weather finally broke and I opened all windows (to "safe" level only). Both furries are at one window together, chattering up a storm, tails and rears wiggling - a small rabbit sat on the other side and took a rabbit's bath in the sun. Naturally there were loud demands to have this window opened at 5:30 today. No rabbit yet:>(

Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
Yes it's 39 and sunny and not very breezy here, and my girl went outside in her crate for the first time in a couple of months. She enjoyed the fresh air for about an hour before asking to come in. (It's a wire crate with a towel draped over the top to cut the wind, but with the front and a little of the sides uncovered for bird and squirrel viewing. There's also a blankie folded on the bottom.) She normally wouldn't want to be out when it's below forty, but it's been a loooong winter.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
I've had fishing pole type toys for my cats for as long as I can remember, and my cats enjoy them. I'd heard people say that Da Bird brand was superior to all others, but I never saw how there could be much difference. This past Christmas, Santa brought Da Bird, and for my youngest cat it turned out to be true. Two months later he's still totally addicted. The old versions don't hold the interest they did for him (it was waning anyway). He nags me to play Da Bird all day long. We play about 3 times a day, and an hour later he's back staring and talking to me. It starts as a pleading question, and sometimes turns to actual scolding. "Mom!!! Aren't you hearing me?" I've created a monster, but I enjoy seeing him have so much fun. And he's a slender boy with all the running and jumping. My fatty boy, tellingly, is an addict too. He's addicted to Youtube videos.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:11 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
I've heard & read nothing but good about Da Bird. I'm going to break down and get one for my guys. My cats are mostly seniors, and I really think they need the physical activity. Thanks for the positive review.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:42 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,660,570 times
Da Bird is an excellent toy. We used to take one into the shelter even. Was a rare, rare cat who did not enjoy a round with Da Bird.

The two here now definitely love it.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I've heard & read nothing but good about Da Bird. I'm going to break down and get one for my guys. My cats are mostly seniors, and I really think they need the physical activity. Thanks for the positive review.
Check Amazon for free shipping and stock up on "birds". The system is basically the spinner of a fishing pole and it does sound like a bird in distress when you swing it right. ShadowCat goes wild and ChaCha kills the bird so she can play with the string.

We use the birds as presents for cat people:>)

Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 AM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
We often use Nimbus' toys to lure him out of hiding (usually under the recliner)...

This morning when I was getting ready for work, with the bedroom door closed and the cat outside, he attempted to use his toys to lure ME out of the bedroom. I saw first one toy and then another poked under the bottom of the door and shaken around for a moment. When I opened the door, four of his toys were lying there.

Rather clever of him, if you ask me...

Old 03-04-2014, 09:24 AM

369 posts, read 760,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
We often use Nimbus' toys to lure him out of hiding (usually under the recliner)...

This morning when I was getting ready for work, with the bedroom door closed and the cat outside, he attempted to use his toys to lure ME out of the bedroom. I saw first one toy and then another poked under the bottom of the door and shaken around for a moment. When I opened the door, four of his toys were lying there.

Rather clever of him, if you ask me...
How cute is that!

Old 03-07-2014, 06:21 AM

Help - I cannot find the link about belly flaps anymore. Would someone direct me to it please. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats