Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:53 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,575,664 times

Advertisements

I hope you baby gets well soon. I hate it when one of mine are sick, it just rips your heart right out of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,003,495 times
Morning update:

The overnight vet called and said that they were able to stabalize her temp for 5 hours, but she dropped back to 96. She wants to use the litterbox, but is still too weak and she is trying to get to her water to drink. Still no food consumption. They are going to do another blood test today. DH and I are on our way to go visit her this morning.

ETA: We are going to take a couple of different cans of her food up there, maybe something familiar will get her food drive going.

Last edited by molochai2580; 03-21-2010 at 09:19 AM..

Old 03-21-2010, 09:17 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,234,476 times
You are all in my heart, sending lots of HUGS.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the well wishes.

Punkin was really alert this morning when we visited. The nurse said she had drank a lot of water, but still no food. We tried to tempt her to eat while we were there, but no luck. She was wrapped in a blanket with a hot water bottle, since her temp had dropped a bit again, but she kept craning her head to look around, which is much better than last night when she just layed there, although after about 20 minutes she started getting lethargic again. I took 3 different kinds of food and hopefully she will eat one of them. I'll go back later today and then DH and I will go again tonight after he gets home from work.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,291 times
Is there any possibility that you could take Punkin home with you and treat her yourself? In my opinion, if she is capable of turning around, she would do so much better in a familiar environment. Or is she still on IV fluids? Do you know how to give subcutaneous fluids in a cat?

What a terribly difficult time you are all going through. You and your family are in my heart and I will ask angels to help you through this period. Every blessing.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Is there any possibility that you could take Punkin home with you and treat her yourself? In my opinion, if she is capable of turning around, she would do so much better in a familiar environment. Or is she still on IV fluids? Do you know how to give subcutaneous fluids in a cat?

What a terribly difficult time you are all going through. You and your family are in my heart and I will ask angels to help you through this period. Every blessing.
She's still on IV fluids. I've been giving Sub-Q fluids to my other cat off and on for the last 5 years, since she's been having liver problems. The vet called and her numbers are worse and she hasn't peed since about 8 am this morning. The vet is now worried that if she doesn't pee that the fluids will start building up in her chest. I've been trying to get ahold of my Dh to ask if he wants to be there or if I should just let her go. The vet says she doesn't seem to be in any pain, just really lethargic.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:58 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,989 times
So sorry. Prayers still coming your way.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Well, when DH gets home tonight we are going to go and say goodbye to our sweet orange and white baby. There is nothing else we can try to save her. The vet said she would never be well enough to come home.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,291 times
(((HUGS))) Molochai2580! My heart grieves for you. Saying good bye is never easy, but you are doing the right thing. You are giving her new life by letting her go here. What you are doing is such a remarkable gift of love, and I thank you for doing it. May angels everywhere comfort you and all who loves Punkin. Oh, God bless you!!! (HUGS)))

It would mean so much to Punkin if you held her in your arms when they give her the injection so she can fly Home. Bring her favorite blanket or afghan with you and something very special that meant the world to her. Hold her to your heart and tell her you love her forever and say good bye. Kiss her, smell her, hug her close and then hand her spirit over to the angels that are waiting for her. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:35 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Well, when DH gets home tonight we are going to go and say goodbye to our sweet orange and white baby. There is nothing else we can try to save her. The vet said she would never be well enough to come home.
I am so so sorry. But you will be with her and she knows she is loved. Such courage! Bless you and your family and most of all Punkin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats