Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:26 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times

Advertisements

I saw the pics of the cats after they were found. This woman sickens me. Its quite obvious she purposely left those 2 cats in the apt. Allison dinsmore is a evil woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
she would HAVE to be .... to inflict that kind of torture on these poor little creatures that depended on her for their very lives......

humans have domesticated these animals..... their wellbeing is OUR responsibilty

Old 04-02-2010, 09:29 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Your last sentence pretty much sums it up.

In my opinion, some people are beyond forgiveness. I won't apologize for feeling that way.
Exactly. Anger is not always detrimental; in fact, I think that it spurs most of us on this forum to save lives and stand up for those who have no voice. And anger and outrage are exactly what save these lives and change the laws that protect people such as this woman when they should be protecting the animals.

I know that if someone treated me the way that this moron treated her cats, I would want as many people as possible raising holy hell about it.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I hope there is a special place in hell for people who hurt children, the elderly and animals.
Amen! I personally can't forgive people who do such things.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:31 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Default What was their reason.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I saw the pics of the cats after they were found. This woman sickens me. Its quite obvious she purposely left those 2 cats in the apt. Allison dinsmore is a evil woman.
What reason did they give for finding her not guilty?

Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
As per the Palm Beach Post:
"Police initially charged her with misdemeanor animal cruelty. But the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office, citing the cats' suffering, bumped the charges to felonies, which carry prison terms."

"The trial has hinged on two key concepts: intent and "reasonable remedies." The defense argues that Dinsmore never intended for her cats to die, which they say the state must prove for her to be found guilty."

Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 AM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
As per the Palm Beach Post:
"Police initially charged her with misdemeanor animal cruelty. But the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office, citing the cats' suffering, bumped the charges to felonies, which carry prison terms."

"The trial has hinged on two key concepts: intent and "reasonable remedies." The defense argues that Dinsmore never intended for her cats to die, which they say the state must prove for her to be found guilty."
So what exactly is it called when you simply abandon a living creature and leave it for dead? Negligence? The law needs to be changed. There has to be a law for leaving animals to die, and it needs to be a felony.

This isn't the first time this has happened in PBCounty. A couple of years ago, a polo player left his horses in a field without food or water. By the time someone alerted authorities, the animals were so malnourished that a few of them had to be put down, and the owner was never prosecuted There's a very fine line between intent and cruelty.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,053,490 times
I think until people stop looking at animals as possessions or objects, and start looking at them as a living breathing creature, I believe there will never be justice for animals. Whenever I read the comments on articles like this on the newspaper site, you always have people saying it's not a human being, humans have less rights, etc. It's really frustrating to read how selfish people can be, and most don't even understand that abuse starts with animals, so the harsher the laws with animals, you might be stopping a murderer in the future. Just my opinion though.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
There is NO WAY I would send "love and forgiveness" to this monster. I wouldn't wish for her to have the same thing happen (wish death) to her, but that is as far as it would go with me. Anger is a great motivation... sometimes we need anger to get motivated to work for change... would "love and compassion" for slave holders have worked? Would love and compassion work for child molesters? Sorry, I have no love for people that torture or kill those that are weaker than them. If that makes me a bad person.. so be it. My heart cries for the poor abandoned kitties, they did nothing to deserve this and they died, nothing will ever bring them back.

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-03-2010, 12:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
As per the Palm Beach Post: "The trial has hinged on two key concepts: intent and "reasonable remedies." The defense argues that Dinsmore never intended for her cats to die, which they say the state must prove for her to be found guilty."
What did she think would happen? Oh, never mind, I said "think". The question that occurs to me is whether or not she would have gotten off so easily if she had abandoned her children to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats