Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 02:48 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times

Advertisements

I can't believe Dinsmore would forget about her cats. She could have easily told somebody such as her father or boyfriend to retrieve the cats. But she coldly erased the situation from her mind. How could this lady even be teaching. That said, maybe the DA overcharged her. They couldn't prove intent. It was easy for her to say she didn't "intend" to starve her cats, that she was just too scared, stressed, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 03:57 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times
I think if the DA hadn't bumped up the charges on her to begin with, it may have been easier to have a successfull accusal.

That being said, she lost her job, and respect, over all of this. I hope she has a long time to think about why, rather than just pitying herself and the situation she's in. (apparently some stalker boyfriend stressed her out too much to remember she HAD CATS)

Garden of Eden is saying the right thing. Forgiveness is crucial. I myself, find it very difficult to seperate forgiving her, with accepting what she did. If it were up to me (which thank God it's not) I would say let the punishment fit the crime... lock her up for 2 months and forget to feed her. But it's not our place to judge. BUT without anger stemming from injustice to begin with, many laws in existence today would have still only ever been a pipe-dream.

What this lady did was wrong. Fighting to never let it happen again, or for those that continue with this behavior to get off scott-free, is I think the bigger issue at hand. We can't stop what she already let happen. But boy oh boy can we make an example out of it for others.

If the impact of the horrific negligence this lady was responsible for firsthand ever hits her, and I mean actually HITS her in her mind and her heart, it would truly crush her, and I can only hope the pain and suffering she will cast on herself will be far greater than any that any legal institution could sentence her with. I know it would be more than I could handle on my conscience.

I think people like this should be registered offenders whether they serve time/fines or not, and not allowed for liability reasons, to be left responsible for the wellbeing of animals, small children, or elderly. - Would you continue to give a child a valuable object if they continued to smash it into the wall? No.. any mommy knows- you take away their toys if they can't play nice! Would you continue to insure a driver that totals a car out once a month on average? ..no.

(disclaimer: *sigh* no, I'm not referring to animals as expensive objects or toys, more or less making an analogy that is thus: idiots, errm, bad people, ermmm, IRRESPONSIBLE ADULTS should not be extended the same priveledges that others are in the functioning world today.

Last edited by Marylandkitten; 04-03-2010 at 04:31 PM..

Old 04-03-2010, 10:10 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
I cannot forgive her for leaving her pets behind to die a painful death abandoned.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:29 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I cannot forgive her for leaving her pets behind to die a painful death abandoned.

I totally agree.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:08 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,465,092 times
I still say she looks demented. I'd be avoiding any reliance on her rationality if I was in any contact with her. She has that Susan Smith look to her.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:07 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Im surprised the neighbors didnt hear the cats scratching the walls or crying. Apt walls are thin. Comon now. I feel so sorry for gizzy & speedo. Im a animal lover. ANY person that says they dont like cats or dogs or just cats are scum. I had a few neighbors telling me to get rid of my cats. I said how bout someone gets rid of you. Needless to say they are not my friends. The world is full of trashy people. Its a damn shame.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:35 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
My hope that by exposing this atrocity more people will wake up to the fact that there are so many animals in this world who are not treated properly. And in so knowing, open their voice boxes and speak out against animal cruelty. I hope.......

Old 04-05-2010, 01:30 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,178,279 times
You reminded me of the heartbreaking series of Humane Society of the United States commercials. I can hardly bear to watch them.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:26 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
You reminded me of the heartbreaking series of Humane Society of the United States commercials. I can hardly bear to watch them.
x2

Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,825,930 times
x3!
From a business viewpoint, however, that's an effective fund-raising campaign. Nothing frees up dollars quite like tear-jerking ads. I hope the Humane Society has found this to be true.
I'd like for the exonerated cat abandoner to be put in a room and forced to watch a continuous loop of 'em. But the neighbors aren't entirely off the hook either. You can't tell me no one didn't at least get disturbed enough by the clawing of the walls and the desperate cries of hunger to call the landlord to get those cats to be quiet. No one could be blamed for perceiving a nuisance when there was actually an emergency situation unfolding, but no one picked up the phone or stopped by the rental office. Incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats