Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:44 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
I believe Garden stated that Whispers is improving...not as listless, and eating more...weight gain happens over a period of time, not overnight. If he only just started getting a healthy appetite, then it will be at least a couple of weeks before a marked visible weight gain occurs. Taking him to a vet and stressing him out when he is improving will only set him back IMO...especially if they try to shove chemical meds into his system...his immune system must be built up, and chemicals will only deplete it further. The fact that he is feral and not yet comfortable with humans and other creatures is another thing to bear in mind...plus he lost his brother Whiskers...nerves directly affect things like appetite and energy levels. I believe if something else were seriously wrong with him, he would be declining...not improving...I also believe Garden has a very good sense about when vet trips are necessary, and would not put any of her babies at risk by denying them vet attention if they needed it!
Thank you, Luvmycat! I know you haven't been posting so you missed my big news. Whiskers is ALIVE!!! Whisper's feral brother is alive! He just popped up one day last week, out of the blue, appearing just like he disappeared! He is being a typical male feral cat, wandering......

And yes, I do have a built in alarm system, somehow knowing when to call my vet. I work so hard at attaining health for these precious cats, and my very hard lessons....the hard knocks in life....have enabled me to, hopefully, make the right judgment call as needed. I depend on that inner guidance, as I do life itself, and if and when that "red flag" is thrown, Whispers shall be whisked off to the vet. It's enough for now that I have been alerted, and I am now on high alert with Whispers.

I thank everyone here on this thread for the encouragement and well wishes. I will keep you all informed as things unfold. This entire situation is a new one for me to experience, for I have not ever dealt with a feral in my home. They act very close to that of a wild cat, yet with an added edge, which I am trying to understand. Blessings to all of you!

I JUST WENT UPSTAIRS AFTER TYPING THIS MESSAGE TO CHECK ON WHISPERS AND THE DISH OF FOOD, NOT A DOUBLE, BUT A TRIPLE PORTION, WAS FULLY EATEN! OMG! OH FOR THE ELATION OF KNOWING THAT HE TRULY HAS CHOSEN LIFE! THAT BOY IS HUNGRY! AND HE SHALL EAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,361,280 times
Title reminded me of George Michael

Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Title reminded me of George Michael
Lol, Eger.

I already posted in the beginning, I think - just stopping in to see if there was any new news. Keep up the faith, and the good work, Garden!

Give my best to Whispers. I'm glad his appetite has perked up so tremendously. He must've found something worth livin' for again.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Thank you, Eger and MLK! YEP! Whispers wants to be a part of this upside down inside out family. LOL

Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,361,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
Lol, Eger.

I already posted in the beginning, I think - just stopping in to see if there was any new news. Keep up the faith, and the good work, Garden!

Give my best to Whispers. I'm glad his appetite has perked up so tremendously. He must've found something worth livin' for again.
Sorry about that, I am power surfing today, kind of like speed reading I must have missed that.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
I am inclined to think that rather than "choosing life", Whispers was fighting some ailment which kept him from feeling much like eating. In any case, it seems as though he has finally beaten whatever it was which kept him from eating enough. And I am very happy about it!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I am inclined to think that rather than "choosing life", Whispers was fighting some ailment which kept him from feeling much like eating. In any case, it seems as though he has finally beaten whatever it was which kept him from eating enough. And I am very happy about it!
NO! Wrong!

There is nothing wrong with Whispers! Everything was wrong with the caretaker! Me! I found out a "secret" this morning, and in that secret I realized I WAS FEEDING HIM WRONG AND THAT IS WHY HE DIDN'T WISH TO EAT!

A little background history>>>>and for those of you skeptics I will sound like a lunatic here, but, I don't care! LOL LOL LOL I figured out that Whispers is the son of Prinny! Even though we consider Prinny female because this cat's spirit is a return of a female cat we had....., when Prinny was outside, "she" got a female cat pregnant. Even though Prinny is "female", she is walking in a male body. LOL LOL LOL Go ahead, skeptics, laugh all you want. On me.

So! Prinny LOVES to eat buffet style. I little from this dish, some from that dish, and back to the original dish. Well, guess what! SO DOES WHISPERS! He refused to eat the raw I brought up to him this morning, and I said to myself, "Oh, man! Now what!" I decided to bring up a second dish with Wellness Core Chicken, and left the raw food. When I came back to check on Whispers, he had eaten a quadruple portion of both food!

I hit myself on the forehead! OMG! I've been feeding him wrong! He won't come out to eat with the other cats, but he has been wanting a variety at one meal. So, people, all along, the problem has been me! I am so relieved to know, because now I can properly feed him!

I KNEW my inner guidance was NOT telling me to bring him to a vet, yet! And here all along it was ME that was not understanding. Oh, am I ever glad I figured out this mystery!!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Oh. OK. Well, as I said, I'm still glad Whispers is eating!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Oh. OK. Well, as I said, I'm still glad Whispers is eating!
Oh, forgive me for being so short this morning! I was S_O_O_O_O relieved I figured out what was actually going on with Whispers! And, and..... I'm always coming up against the doubters, the misunderstanders, the skeptics. I just KNEW in my gut that something was going on, but I didn't have to get a vet involved. And for me, to figure this out was a major victory for me.

So, thank you for your well wishes, and right on the heels of my thank you, is my apology.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:38 PM

No problem. I took no offense. That's what I get for trying to diagnose a cat health problem online, with no knowledge of the specific animal! (Who do I think I am, anyway? The Catman? Wait a minute...I am!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats