Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,317,297 times

Advertisements

Momma (Gloria Vanderbilt-fashion designer) is no doubt, proud.

To think such a prestigious member of a family full of elitists would be gay...Hmmm....Who would've "thunk" it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Really, is this news to anyone? If he feels he is doing a public service by being a role model for young, gay men - well, then ~ have at it.

I like Anderson Cooper and he seems smart and funny. It really doesn't matter to me what his sexual proclivities are.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:43 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,211 times
can't say that i'm surprised!

Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 15 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
People ought to just keep to themselves.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:00 PM

943 posts, read 1,846,081 times
They had a segment about this on the Early Show on CBS 2.

they were saying Everyone knows Anderson was gay but he never spoke about it publicly or mentioned it on his new primetime show. Now it opens more doors for him to discuss the subject openly on the show an voicing his life as a gay Blue Blood. Old money men who are gay are still timid when it comes to being open about gay lifestyle.

like i said before RATINGS

Old 07-03-2012, 05:02 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,215,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
if that was the reason then he took to long to help gay kids he should have done that 20 yrs ago if not more gay kids hve been bullied for a very long time its not like it JUST HAPPENED

he did It for ratings his show needs attention an when you bring attention to yourself like saying your Gay will help your ratings and bring more of the gay community to your show. there are gays like Oprah who are afraid to do this but also support no bullying of gay kids.
Based on these comments you have no idea what it's like being gay today compared to even 5 years ago, and to think someone is coming out for rating of all things is just offensive. It's not easy to be gay in this country regardless of how things have progressed. It's a very difficult thing to grow up with and come to terms with. It's never something a gay person takes lightly. He said he's gay because everyone has whispered about it for years anyway. If he'd come out 20 years ago it would be a huge issue for his life and career.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,215,957 times
Most of these people coming out are making written statements in interviews or articles and it's the media who's blowing it up and putting it on the news - not those who are coming out. They're making statements about their lives, which is what humans do in interviews. It's not like those coming out are screaming and calling every media outlet and tabloid insisting that everyone be aware they're gay.

Celebs who come out hope people ignore it and move on and let th live their lives like everyone e else. Blame the stupid media and tabloids

Old 07-03-2012, 05:11 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,802,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Based on these comments you have no idea what it's like being gay today compared to even 5 years ago, and to think someone is coming out for rating of all things is just offensive. It's not easy to be gay in this country regardless of how things have progressed. It's a very difficult thing to grow up with and come to terms with. It's never something a gay person takes lightly. He said he's gay because everyone has whispered about it for years anyway. If he'd come out 20 years ago it would be a huge issue for his life and career.
great post!
Also, I must have missed the memo that Anderson's show needed a boost in ratings. To my knowledge his show is doing very well.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM

819 posts, read 3,209,314 times
"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."

Reading that made me smile.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 PM

943 posts, read 1,846,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
great post!
Also, I must have missed the memo that Anderson's show needed a boost in ratings. To my knowledge his show is doing very well.

guess you did ===============I call it like i see it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities